Alberta’s Minister of Jobs, Skills, Training and Labour, Hon. Thomas Lukaszuk recently announced a review and public consultation regarding Alberta’s employment standards legislation.
Alberta’s Employment Standards Code and Regulation establish minimum standards in areas such as:
• Hours of work
• General holidays and general holiday pay
• Vacations and vacation pay
• Employment records
• Maternity and other special leaves
• Termination of employment
• Restrictions on the employment of children
The deadline to provide submissions is April 11, 2014.
RCC will be providing a response to the consultation discussion guide and will be requesting a meeting with Minister Lukaszuk to provide our feedback directly to the Minister.
RCC asks that you please share your feedback with our Director, Prairies, Lanny McInnes via e-mail at [email protected] by April 7, 2014 to help inform our response.
Alberta retailers have several ways to provide their feedback directly to the government as well. They can:
• Use the online discussion guide and survey
• Send comments via email to [email protected];
• Request a hard copy version of the survey by calling the Employment Standards Contact Centre at 1-877-427-3731; or
• Send written submissions to:
Employment Standards Code Review
Jobs, Skills, Training and Labour
8th floor, 10808 – 99 Avenue
Edmonton, AB T5K 0G5
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact: Lanny McInnes at: [email protected] or 204-253-1654