Our Find a Bookstore Map is the perfect tool to help new customers discover your store! We have a huge number of stores listed, and we would love to make it an exhaustive list of all the bookstores in Canada! There are a few things you can do to help take advantage of the Find a Bookstore Map and help support all Canadian independents!
Spread the word!
- Use the map to promote your own store! If you’re on Twitter, send out a message announcing that your store is proudly listed on the map. You can follow the Retail Council of Canada’s book feed at @RCCBooks and use the hashtag #findabookstore when promoting the map on Twitter. If you include the handle @RCCBooks, we will retweet your message to our followers to help highlight your store
- Help us promote Canada’s independent bookstores by sharing a link on your website, Facebook page or on Twitter
- Ask your vendors and colleagues to help in the promotion by informing your sales reps, publishers and literary friends
- FindaBookstore.ca is a work in progress, and we will continue to add stores from across the country. If a bookstore you know and love is missing from the map, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We have already had a huge response from booksellers, book lovers, publishers and consumers and continue to add new stores every day!
- Point your friends, family, followers, customers and fellow booksellers to FindaBookstore.ca to help them discover the bookstores in their area. Remind them about how amazing local bookstores are, and how much fun they can be to visit on a bookish road trip.
Submit a Story for the Newsletter
Retail Council of Canada distributes an eNewsletter each week on Friday, sharing the top retail news so our members don’t have to spend the time scouring the internet themselves. If you have an exciting, interesting, or ground-breaking story to share, we are happy to include it. Please submit any news stories regarding books and the book industry to Darryl Julott at email@example.com for consideration.