Member Webinar - Canada-European Union Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) - English OnlyPrint
Retail Council of Canada (RCC) is excited to share the pdf of our latest publication, available in both English and French, on the new Canada-European Union Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA). Coming into effect on September 21, this Agreement will eliminate all remaining tariffs for imports from European countries.
To make it easier for members to understand how you need to prepare your business for these changes and take advantage of new opportunities for your customers, RCC has prepared this Member Exclusive Guidebook to explain the dos and don'ts of importing products from Europe. The Guidebook will also explain what products and countries are covered by this agreement.
In particular, the CETA Guidebook outlines what retailers need to know to take advantage of these new business opportunities, including:
- how various products are treated under CETA
- documents that are required to import goods from CETA countries
- how CETA treats e-commerce goods
To make sure members questions are answered both about the Guidebook and the new trading opportunities, RCC is hosting two CETA Webinars on September 12, 2017.
- From 3:00 pm to 3:45 pm ET we will discuss CETA for retailers who do not currently import goods from Europe. Click here to register for this free member exclusive webinar.
- From 4:00 pm to 4:45 pm ET we will host a similar webinar but for retailers who are already importing from the European Union. Click here to register for this free member exclusive webinar.
Dave Wilkes will be leading this session along with LexSage’s Cyndee Todgham, who authored the CETA Guidebook. They will review the Agreement’s highlights, outline requirements for members looking to expand trading opportunities with Europe, as well as answering member questions.
The CETA guidebook is the second in our 2017 series of RCC Member Exclusive Guidebooks. Also available, or soon to be, are:
- Ordinary Selling Price Guidebook (OSP) available now. To help members ensure their promotional and advertising strategies do not fall outside on of the competition laws.
- Canada’s Anti-Span Law Guidebook (CASL) available Fall 2017. This updated publication from the version published in 2014, provides advice on best practices and lessons learned on what retailers need to do to ensure their electronic marketing tools (emails, twitter, Instagram) comply with anti-spam regulations.
- Safe Food for Canadians Regulations Guidebook (SFCR) available Fall 2017. A retail-specific guide on how to meet the new licencing, record-keeping and preventive control plan requirements.
RCC hopes you find these Guidebooks helpful and that you can join us for the CETA webinar on September 12, 2017.
As always, your feedback is appreciated. Please contact Lori Goncalves at [email protected] or 416-467-3753 if you have any questions or require further information on registering for the CETA webinars or accessing one of the new RCC Member Exclusive Guidebooks.
SVP, Government Relations and Grocery Division
Retail Council of Canada