RCC was successful in its efforts to get the federal government to waive tariffs on a number of essential items to help Canadians during the COVID-19 pandemic. This measure will reduce the cost of imported personal protective equipment (PPE) for Canadian retailers, which face tariffs of up to 18%.
- Face masks (including Fashion face coverings)
- Rubber gloves and work gloves
- Certain types of protective clothing
- Hair nets
- Hand sanitizers and wipes
- See the full list of essential items
The government has not yet indicated a specific end date to this measure.