As The Voice of Retail™, RCC is here to help retailers navigate through this crisis.
- New Brunswick moving to next phase of recoveryThe New Brunswick government’s COVID-19 recovery plan is moving to the next phase of the yellow level on Friday, June 5, 2020, for all … Read more
- $9.1 million in rent relief for Nova ScotiansThe province is contributing $9.1 million to the federal government’s Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance (CECRA) program. The program will provide rent relief for … Read more
- We must step up to support Black Lives Matter and end racismAs always, our retailers are focused on ensuring the health, … Read more
- New Brunswick moving to next phase of recoveryThe New Brunswick government’s COVID-19 recovery plan is moving to … Read more
- $9.1 million in rent relief for Nova ScotiansThe province is contributing $9.1 million to the federal government’s … Read more
- Good news for home improvement retailers in Newfoundland and LabradorMinister Osborne, Minister of Finance and President of Treasury Board, … Read more
- Intro to emissions inventories and reduction strategiesAs a follow-up to the two-day sustainability meeting RCC co-hosted … Read more
- For retailers with stores in Quebec: Working within two metresQuebec's public health agency, Institut national de la santé publique … Read more
- New Federal advice for essential retailersThe Public Health Agency of Canada has issued its updated … Read more
- New Regulation in Ontario will protect employees from permanent layoffs and businesses from potential closuresThe Ontario government has announced that it is enacting a … Read more
- Facebook providing grants and training for small and mid-sized retailersFacebook Canada is launching a $3.5 million program to assist … Read more
- Essential retail workers in Manitoba to receive one-time wage top-upPremier Pallister announced that all front line Manitoba essential retail … Read more
- For retailers with stores in BC: Eviction protection to small businesses eligible for CECRABC has announced that small businesses eligible for rent support … Read more
- Do you have a retail store in Ontario? Help RCC advocate for you by filling out this 2 minute surveyRetail Council of Canada has issued a statement with our … Read more
- BC minimum wage increases to $14.60 per hourFor members with stores in British Columbia, the BC minimum … Read more
- Understanding Health Canada’s new labelling requirements for hand sanitizers, disinfectants & cleaning products, hand soap & body soapsEffective June 8, 2020 Disinfectants: Importers of disinfectants will be … Read more
- CEWS program seeks feedbackIn addition to extending the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS) … Read more
View more federal and regional updates on our Relief Measures by Regions page.
In these challenging times, RCC welcomes all retailers across Canada to subscribe to our Retail Policy Updates & COVID-19 News and attend our Webinars for Retailers. We are your voice during this crisis and beyond.
Videos and Podcasts
What’s the new normal? David Coletto, CEO, Abacus Data
The Voice of Retail Podcast
Michael Graydon, CEO at Food & Consumer Products of Canada (FCPC) on how brands reacted to the shockwave of demand for food and household products Jane Gaynor gives a master class in the key attributes of executive success through the COVID-19 crisis and beyond.
View RCC’s Retail Recovery Playbook as well as checklists and templates.
Non-essential retail re-opening dates as announced by region
Frequently asked questions from our members on working through COVID-19 and its operational challenges.
Updates and current COVID-19 measures in place both federally and in each province and territory.
Many municipalities and utility companies have delayed their deadlines for property tax payments and utility bills.
RCC has summarized the latest regulations on curbside pickup.
Posters, SOPs and best practices for retailers during COVID-19
Services available for RCC members and access to webinar recordings.
RCC is here to assist retailers in finding employees, while also helping displaced workers find jobs.
Financial support and payroll resources
- Federal support:
- RCC’s guide to Federal relief measures (see Federal “Support for business” section)
- Understanding the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS)
- Government of Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan
- The Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy – Backgrounder
- Government of Canada Work-Share overview and contact
- Loans for small & medium businesses: Business Credit Availability Program (BCAP)
- Provincial support: RCC’s guide to relief measures and updates (see “Support for business” section for your region)
- Municipal support: RCC’s database of utility payment extensions, municipal relief and more
- Rent support for small businesses: Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance (CECRA) for small
- Payroll: Canadian Payroll Association on ROE coding
- Workers’ compensation: 2020 provincial workers’ compensation updates for retailers
- Stewardship programs: Stewardship Programs Offering COVID-19 Deadline Extensions
Maintaining your business
- Curbside Pickup: RCC’s curbside pickup for eCommerce cheat sheet
- Consumer education: #ShopSmart campaign – Guidelines shoppers should follow during COVID-19 (RCC)
- Pandemic planning for retailers: COVID-19 planning checklist for retailers (RCC)
- Business continuity: A guide to robust business continuity planning (KPMG)
- Impact on consumer behaviour: Tracking the impact of FMCG, retail and media (Neilson)
- Consumers surveys: Tracking surveys (Leger)
- Guide for senior executives: The heart of resilient leadership: Responding to COVID-19 (Deloitte)
- Emergency planning: 8 steps for planning your emergency and disaster plan (BDC)
- Impact on Canadian retailers: COVID-19 Voice of Canadians and impact to retailers (Deloitte)
- Resources for retailers: Retail Industry Leaders Association
- Fraud Prevention: Tips to protect yourself from COVID-19 related payment scams (Interac)
- Statistics: Info on COVID-19 (Statistics Canada)
Thank you to the retailers, vendors and suppliers who have extended financial support to Retail Council of Canada to help us continue to advocate for you 24/7 during these difficult times.