As The Voice of Retail™, RCC is here to help retailers navigate through this crisis.
- New restrictions in Manitoba will require retailers to reduce to 50% capacityAs a result of the growing number of COVID-19 cases in the Winnipeg Metropolitan Region, the province has added new restrictions that went into … Read more
- Winnipeg retailers under new capacity and gathering sizesWith the growing number of cases in the Winnipeg Metropolitan Region, the province is introducing targeted measures under the Restricted (Orange) level of the … Read more
- Ontario’s targeted restrictions expand to include York regionOntario released information today that, effective Monday Oct 19 at 12:01am, York region will join Ottawa, Peel and Toronto public health units in targeted … Read more
- New restrictions in Manitoba will require retailers to reduce to 50% capacityAs a result of the growing number of COVID-19 cases … Read more
- Winnipeg retailers under new capacity and gathering sizesWith the growing number of cases in the Winnipeg Metropolitan … Read more
- Ontario’s targeted restrictions expand to include York regionOntario released information today that, effective Monday Oct 19 at … Read more
- Canada’s top Medical Officer keeps Halloween aliveTuesday’s announcement by Dr. Teressa Tam, stating that there is … Read more
- Additional information regarding mandatory masks in New Brunswick and some retail closures as result of move to Orange LevelFollowing the announcement on Wednesday that the province had experienced … Read more
- Federal government announces improvements to rental support policy, CEWS and CEBAFundamental Changes improve Federal Rental Support Program The federal government … Read more
- Targeted restrictions introduced for Ottawa, Peel and Toronto public health unitsEffective Saturday, Oct 10th, at 12:01am, the Ontario Government introduced … Read more
- Retailers in Alberta asked to ensure special considerations for disabled shoppersAs a result of concerns raised by disability advocates that … Read more
- Ontario announces new supports for small retailersOntario announced new legislation that will support small retailers as they … Read more
- Halloween Guidelines by ProvinceSeveral provincial governments have announced guidelines for Halloween celebrations. RCC … Read more
- New Health Canada policy for hand sanitizers sold in beverage containersHealth Canada published its new policy for hand sanitizers sold … Read more
- Ontario: Face coverings now required in all indoor settings including head offices, facilities and workplaces as of Oct 3Ontario’s mandatory mask overview: Ontario updated Regulation 364/20 with the … Read more
- Halloween safety tips from RCC and Today’s ParentRCC is busy finding creative and fun ways to safely … Read more
- WCB-Alberta implementing cost relief measuresWCB-Alberta will be implementing cost relief measures to reduce the … Read more
- New funding for businesses in P.E.I. to support employees working from homeUp to $2,500 is available for Island businesses and non-profit organizations … Read more
In these challenging times, RCC welcomes all retailers across Canada to subscribe to our Retail policy news & COVID-19 updates and attend our weekly COVID-19 briefings for retailers. We are your voice during this crisis and beyond.
COVID-19 Recovery Tools
The essential COVID-19 guide for retailers. Updated content available on malls, HQ reopening and holiday planning.
New ideas and resources for retailers rethinking their holiday 2020 planning and marketing approaches.
Take the POST Promise to help customers feel safe in your store.
Find suppliers of masks, hand sanitizer, signage and more in the new PPE section of the Retail Supplier Directory.
Posters, SOPs and best practices for retailers during COVID-19
View all regulations and safety guidelines retailers must follow to be open by region.
Financial aid, grants and other relief measures specifically applicable to retailers.
Frequently asked questions from our members on working through COVID-19 and its operational challenges.
Videos and Podcasts
COVID-19: Handling, packaging and shipping food
The Voice of Retail Podcast
Each and every week TVOR interviews top retailers and industry thought leaders coving topics including the ongoing response and impact to their business and the retail sector of the COVID-19 crisis.
Financial support and payroll resources
- Federal support:
- RCC’s guide to Federal relief measures (see Federal relief measures section)
- New rules for the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS)
- Government of Canada Work-Share overview
- Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA)
- Loans for small & medium businesses: Business Credit Availability Program (BCAP)
- Canada Small Business Financing Program
- Government’s overview of federal government Services for Small Business
- Provincial support: RCC’s guide to relief measures and updates (see interactive table to view your region)
- Municipal support: RCC’s database of utility payment extensions, municipal relief and more
- Rent support for small businesses: Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance (CECRA) for small
- Payroll: Canadian Payroll Association on ROE coding
- Workers’ compensation: 2020 provincial workers’ compensation updates for retailers
- Stewardship programs: Stewardship Programs Offering COVID-19 Deadline Extensions
Maintaining your business
- HR recovery planning: Managing return to work anxiety
- Impact on consumer behaviour: Tracking the impact of FMCG, retail and media (Neilson)
- Consumers surveys: Tracking surveys (Leger)
- Consumer education: #ShopSmart campaign – Guidelines shoppers should follow during COVID-19 (RCC)
- Statistics: Info on COVID-19 (Statistics Canada)
- Pandemic planning for retailers: COVID-19 planning checklist for retailers (RCC)
- Business continuity: A guide to robust business continuity planning (KPMG)
- Impact on Canadian retailers: COVID-19 Voice of Canadians and impact to retailers (Deloitte)
- Guide for senior executives: The heart of resilient leadership: Responding to COVID-19 (Deloitte)
- Resources for retailers: Retail Industry Leaders Association
- Fraud Prevention: Tips to protect yourself from COVID-19 related payment scams (Interac)
- Cyber Security: Helpful advice for small and medium organizations to protect against COVID-19-related threats
- Interactive dashboard: Government of Canada’s COVID-19 Situational Awareness Dashboard
Thank you to the retailers, vendors and suppliers who have extended financial support to Retail Council of Canada to help us continue to advocate for you 24/7 during these difficult times.