If you are a retailer with 20 or more employees, the deadline to file your Accessibility Compliance Report is December 31, 2017.
Retail Council of Canada (RCC) is working to support retailers in Ontario as they meet their requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the 2017 accessibility compliance reporting requirement.
Over the past few years, RCC’s EnAbling Change for Retailers webinar and workshop series has provided education and resources to assist members in meeting Ontario’s accessibility laws to create inclusive workplaces for customers and employees with disabilities.
Click here to see the full schedule of our upcoming
2017 Webinars and Workshop Series
- Webinar #1: Enabling Change for Retailers - How to Comply Webinar Recording or view Webinar Presentation
- Webinar #2: Enabling Change for Retailers - What Happens If I Don’t Comply? Compliance and Enforcement. Webinar Recording
- Webinar #3: Enabling Change for Retailers - Ensuring your Company’s Website is AODA Compliant Webinar Recording or view Siteimprove Webinar Presentation
- Webinar #4: EnAbling Change for Retailers - The Design of Public Spaces Standard Webinar Recording
- Webinar #5: Enabling Change for Retailers - Mental Health in the Workplace Webinar Recording or view Mental Health Works - CMHA Webinar Presentation
In addition to our EnAbling Change for Retailers 2017 Series, RCC is dedicated to providing additional resources to our retail community.
- Accessible Customer Service Resources
- How may I help you? Interactive Training Course
- Webinar #1 - Compliance and Enforcement
- Webinar #2 - The Impact of the Design of Public Spaces Standards and the Ontario Building Code
- Webinar #3 - Accessibility Needs - Hearing
- Webinar #4 - Accessibility Needs - Vision
- Webinar #5 - Accessibility Needs - Intellectual Disabilities and Autism
- Webinar #6 - Accessibility Needs - Epilepsy
- Webinar #7 - Accessibility Needs - Support Persons and Animals
- Webinar #8 - Accessibility Needs - Mental Health
See below for a full list of our 2016 Webinars