Retail Council of Canada is excited to be launching our #ShopSmart campaign that explains the precautions and guidelines grocery and drugstore shoppers should follow during the COVID-19 pandemic to keep customers, retail employees and communities across Canada safe.
Instagram ready images
#SmartShop Broadcast Chatter Sheet
Help get the message out to all Canadians
It’s no surprise that the COVID-19 pandemic has fundamentally changed the way we live our lives. Canadians continue to be asked to physically distance to help flatten the curve and prevent the spread of COVID-19. Please share these talking points when sharing this video to your networks, and viewers. We can make a difference by working together.
We all have a role to play to help keep our friends, families, neighbours and fellow Canadians safe through physical isolation – But how do we do that when we do go out?
- Between Physical Distancing guidelines and what we read on social media or hear from others, it can be confusing to know how to keep one another safe.
- Below are a few tips everyone should follow to ensure that we all stay safe while shopping at the grocery or the drug store, ensuring we help keep front-line workers in stores safe as well:
BEFORE WE SHOP
- If you’re sick, or have been asked to quarantine at home, don’t go to your local grocery or drugstore. Use contactless delivery and have someone drop them off at your door, knock, then retreat to a safe distance!
- While we all feel isolated and look for ways to fill our days, to keep our loved ones busy, we need to remember that we must avoid planning our grocery or drugstore trips with others in tow. Just designate one person to shop! Shop alone.
WHILE WE SHOP (alone)
- Practice Physical Distancing – 2M or 6ft. (That’s the length of an average hockey stick 😊)
- Be considerate. Only buy what you need! Only touch what you take.
- Wash your hands before and after you shop and use sanitizer whenever you can.
- When paying for your goods, use contactless debit or credit / tap wherever possible.
- If you use re-usable bags – wash them before and after your shopping trip – and if possible, bag items yourself – or don’t use them at all right now.
- Be kind – we are all in this together.
ALWAYS – WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE BY WORKING TOGETHER
- Be considerate. Listen to the authorities … they have our best interest in mind and by following these tips, we’ll get through this crisis.
- We all have a role to play in keeping these retail environments safe for employees and customers.
- Shop Smart!
April 3, 2020
Retail Council of Canada (RCC), on behalf of the retail industry in Canada, has just released a short video to explain the precautions and guidelines grocery and drugstore shoppers should follow during the COVID-19 pandemic to keep customers, retail employees and communities across Canada safe.
“The way we live our lives has fundamentally changed over the past several weeks. So, what does that mean for the activities that many of us still need to do each week, like shopping for food or other essential needs? While your shopping experience at your local grocery or drugstore has changed, it’s important for each of us to recognize the role we need to play to help keep front-line workers in stores safe,” said Diane J. Brisebois, President and CEO, Retail Council of Canada. “On behalf of retailers across the country, RCC wants to thank employees who are keeping grocery stores, pharmacies and other essential retail services operating – helping keep Canadians fed and well.”