ATTENTION: Retailers who sell food in Canada, especially leaders of quality insurance, regulatory compliance.
NEED TO KNOW UPCOMING CHANGES TO CANADIAN FOOD SAFETY REGULATIONS?
The biggest changes in the last 25 years are soon to be implemented by the Government of Canada. Affected will be the management and operational practices for retailers who sell, ship or import food products between provinces. Increased food traceability requirements as well as penalties for non-compliance are being introduced that you MUST be aware of.Safe Food for Canadians: Meeting Regulatory Requirements
To make sure members have full knowledge of the new food safety requirements, RCC is hosting a webinar on Thursday, November 2, 2017 at 11:00 am (Eastern) with Sherry Casey, author of Safe Food for Canadians Regulations Guidebook (SFCR) and Jason McLinton, RCC's Vice President, Grocery Division and Regulatory Affairs. Click here to register. The webinar will be in English only but RCC encourages French speaking members to submit their questions in French. Return answers will be replied in French by Jason McLinton.
This Webinar will answer the following questions, as well as outline the material that is in the Guidebook.
- How to minimize the number of new government inspections in your stores.
- The new food licenses that your business will need.
- The new food safety plans your employees will need to follow.
- The new records that your business will have to keep, and for how long.
- When you will need to start doing all of this.