Retail Council of Canada (RCC), in partnership with WCG International Consultants Ltd., conducted a member survey to identify training and development benchmarks.
In this webinar, RCC and WCG will be presenting in-depth findings from the results of the survey.
Key lessons and discussion points include:
- A shortage of skilled candidates exists to meet retailer’s recruitment needs.
- Attitude and soft skills are priorities in the recruitment and selection process.
- The focus of training currently delivered is operational in nature with a focus towards policy and procedures and management development.
- Post-Secondary education is seen as a nice-to-have, but not a requirement for retail positions. Respondents also support continuing education initiatives for employees.
- e-Learning and classroom are the predominant methods of training for retailers
Click here to download the survey results in advance of the webinar.
This webinar is sponsored by: