Customers with disabilities spend approximately $55 billion every year in Canada. Ensure you are able to tap into this huge market with these resources.
‘How may I help you?: Welcoming Customers with Disabilities’ Training Module
This online course helps businesses attract more customers of all abilities and was develop by Retail Council of Canada and the Ontario government. It uses real-life scenarios to teach people how to interact with customers who have a variety of disabilities, including those who:
- Use assistive devices, such as canes or wheelchairs
- Have an invisible disability, such as a learning or mental health disability
- Are accompanied by a sign language interpreter
- Have a support person
To receive a free copy of the course, please contact RCC’s Education department at email@example.com.
Customer Service Policy Template
Download this document to help develop your store’s policy for serving customers with disabilities.
EnAbling Change for Retailers Webinar Series – Accessibility Needs
- Hearing Webinar: Learn about serving customers with disabilities due to the loss of hearing. View webinar
- Vision: Learn about serving customers with disabilities due to the loss of their vision. View webinar
- Intellectual Disabilities and Autism: Learn about serving customers with intellectual disabilities or autism. View webinar
- Epilepsy: Learn about serving customers with epilepsy. View webinar
- Support Persons and Animals: Learn about how to serve customers use support persons or animals to assist then in their daily life. View webinar