Welcome Independent Booksellers!
Retail Council of Canada is now representing independent booksellers throughout Canada through our MyStore Community! The Canadian Booksellers Association is now officially part of the Retail Council of Canada and we are happy to welcome a growing and thriving membership of independent booksellers.
Independent booksellers are stronger together! We invite all of Canada’s independent booksellers to join the MyStore Community to lend strength to our vibrant and growing community of booksellers to help Retail Council of Canada advocate and develop programs that support and encourage the health of independent bookstores. Interested in becoming a member? Email Chantal Mizerski, Senior Manager, Business Development & Partner Relations, at [email protected] today.
Our bookseller members have access to all of the amazing discount, educational, networking, and information programs that our MyStore members have access to, with complementary services to fit their unique niche.
Below are some Quick Links for booksellers:
- Join MyStore to be added to our map of booksellers at FindaBookstore.ca!
- Order bookstore supplies through our Bookseller Service House! Members receive a substantial discount on orders
- Join our Bookseller Committee Meetings to network with your peers, help us make plans for new programming, and to discuss issues, successes and challenges booksellers are facing
- Receive book-retailing specific news in our weekly eNewsletter, and view our weekly coast-to-coast independent bestseller lists
- Your membership supports initiatives like Authors for Indies Day
- Your membership includes access to all of the benefits offered to our MySTORE members
Quick Links for MySTORE Members
- Access preferred rates for payment processing with Chase Paymentech
- Access reduced shipping rates through Canpar
- Receive a discount and support in setting up your online store through Shopify
- Support your staff and the strength of your store through RCC’s Retail Education programs
- Access members-only webinars for independent retailers
- Receive member notices and communications that keep you informed about major changes, policies, and events that may impact your business
- Receive discounted tickets to events and networking opportunities throughout Canada
- Benefit from the advocacy efforts made by the RCC! Advocacy efforts focus on Finance & Taxation, Labour, Store Operations, Health and Wellness and Sustainability
- Access members-only research, facts, and information on the retail sector in Canada
The communities that form around independent bookstores are a unique intersection of art, business, community and self-improvement, and provide community spaces unlike any other, and independent bookstores are a key element to maintaining a thriving and developing book industry in Canada. Retail Council of Canada is proud to represent independent booksellers, and look forward to providing more programs, services and opportunities to help our booksellers grow.
If you are interested in joining our growing membership of independent booksellers across the country, please contact Chantal Mizerski, Senior Manager, Business Development & Partner Relations, at [email protected] today.