Interested in a career in retail? Are you currently enrolled at a Canadian College or University? Do you currently work in retail? You could be eligible for a Retail Education Scholarship.
Supporting the retailers of tomorrow!
There are 20 scholarships available:
|Interac Corp. Scholarship: $5,000||1|
|Canadian Retail Hall of Fame Scholarship: $3,000||1|
|Industry-Sponsored scholarships: 1,000||18|
2019 Retail Education Scholarship Program winners will receive:
- Financial assistance for their post-secondary education
- Hotel and travel expenses to come to Toronto on May 28 and 29, 2019 to attend STORE – Canada’s BIGGEST Retail Conference – and the Excellence in Retailing Awards Gala
- The opportunity to network and engage with the brightest professionals in the Canadian retail industry at STORE 2019
Scholarship Application Process
Who is eligible to apply?
To be considered for one of the scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled full-time or part-time at a Canadian college or university for Fall 2019
- Currently pursuing a retail, business, fashion, marketing or any other retail related post-secondary program
- Currently working part-time or full-time within the retail industry
What do applicants need in order to apply?
- Completed the online application profile.The 2019 Retail Education Scholarship Program application guidelines will be available on January 15, 2019.
- Official transcript from either high school or post-secondary institution from the last two semesters.
- A reference letter (200 words max.) from current employer that includes the following:
- Applicant’s demonstrated and continued commitment to the retail industry
- Ways in which the applicant has distinguished him/herself from other employees
- Reasons indicating why the applicant is deserving of this scholarship
- Current employer/supervisor contact information
The Future of Shopping Presentation:
Full details about the Presentation subject will be available in the 2019 Application Guidelines – available on January 15, 2019.
‘Make Retail your Career!” Applicant Statement (250 words max.)
A career in retail! Retail is an industry that offers professionals working with new challenges and opportunities every day. It’s fast and exciting and requires talented individuals to fill each role, from frontline customer service and store management to data analysis and cyber security.
Tell us why you’re one of these special professionals. In a 250-word essay, explain your passion for retail and the reasons you want to pursue a career within this exciting and fast-paced industry.
Proof of applicant’s enrollment in a Canadian post-secondary institution. One of the following is acceptable:
• Letter of acceptance or conditional letter of acceptance
• Proof of tuition payment
• Letter from Office of Registrar
Interested in applying for a Retail Education Scholarship?
The 2019 Retail Education Scholarship Program application guidelines will be available on January 15, 2019.
Please note: This scholarship program is for students who are enrolled in or applying to retail, business, marketing or any other program that has ties to the retail industry post-secondary programs in September 2019. If you are not in one of these programs or attending school in Fall 2019, your application will NOT be considered.
Frequently Asked Questions:
The review process typically takes about four to six weeks. A decision will be made on or around the week of May 15, 2019.
All applicants’ submissions will be evaluated on the criteria outlined in the “What do applicants need in order to apply?” section (see above). We are looking to see that applicants have demonstrated an interest in pursuing a career in retail and have put some thought into how they are going to make an impact on the retail industry.
Thank you to our 2018 Sponsors for making this scholarship program possible.