UL’s Anti-Counterfeiting Virtual Symposium
November 18, 2020| 10:00am - 1:00pm
UL is hosting its first Anti-Counterfeiting Virtual Symposium on November 18, 2020 to foster lively and productive discussions with leaders and researchers of anti-counterfeiting issues. Academics focused on the global effects of counterfeit products on consumers, supply chains, and society will present their research findings with the goal of expanding our understanding inspiring potential solutions. Following their presentations, an interdisciplinary group of experts from both the public and private sectors will discuss the issues from their unique perspectives.
For more information about our Anti-Counterfeiting Virtual Symposium, please visit our website.
- Keynote Speaker: Yi Qian, Associate Professor, University of British Columbia
- Presentation and Discussion Topic 1: Consumer attitudes toward counterfeit purchases
- Dennis Collopy, University of Hertfordshire
- Renee Garrahan, Associate, Economic Research, INTA
- Presentation and Discussion Topic 2: Links between counterfeiting and other crime activities
- Georgios Antonopoulos, Professor, Teesside University
- Jeremy Wilson, Professor, Michigan State University
For more questions, please reach out to BeSafeBuyReal@ul.org