People with disabilities are a vital, yet often untapped, talent pool for retailers. Together with HR and accessibility experts, we have prepared practical resources to help retailers better appreciate the range of skills people with disabilities can offer their organizations and to help retailers remove unnecessary barriers to recruitment.
EnAbling Change for Retailers Webinar Series
- Accessibility hiring – A business case: Cut through the myths and learn about the business benefits of accessible employment practices. View webinar
- Accessibility hiring – A case study: Learn about Discover Ability from Louie DiPalma of the Ontario Chamber of Commerce. Discover Ability provides tools and resources to help organizations hire, accommodate and retain employees with disabilities. View webinar
- Mental health in the workplace: Learn from the Canadian Mental Health Association about how mental health issues affect performance in the workplace and solutions you can use to respond and support employees. View webinar
The Ontario Government’s Handbook for Accessible Employment includes free templates that can be downloaded for use in your store’s accommodation processes.
- Sample Accommodation Process Template
- Sample Accommodation Plan Template
- Sample Return to Work Process Template
- Sample Return to Work Plan Template
This guide covers Ontario’s Accessible Employment Standard timelines and best practices. Download guide