Interested in a career in retail? Are you currently enrolled at a Canadian College or University? Do you currently work in retail? You could be eligible for a Retail Education Scholarship. View past scholarship winners.
Supporting the retailers of tomorrow!
There are 20 scholarships available:
|Top Scholarship: $5,000||1|
|Canadian Retail Hall of Fame Scholarship: $3,000||1|
|Industry-Sponsored scholarships: $1,000||18|
2021 Retail Education Scholarship Program winners will receive:
- Financial assistance for their post-secondary education
- The opportunity to network and engage with the brightest professionals in the Canadian retail industry
Interested in applying for a Retail Education Scholarship?
For detailed information on how to apply for the 2021 Retail Education Scholarship, please download the application guidelines. The application deadline is June 30, 2021.
Please note: This scholarship program is for students who are enrolled in or applying to retail, business, marketing or any other program that has ties to the retail industry post-secondary programs in September 2021. If you are not in one of these programs or attending school in Fall 2021, your application will NOT be considered.
Scholarship Application Process
- Currently enrolled full-time or part-time at a Canadian college or university for Fall 2021
- Currently pursuing a retail, business, fashion, marketing or any other retail related post-secondary program
- Currently working part-time or full-time within the retail industry We will accept applications who have been laid off due to the COVID-19 pandemic lockdowns.
1. The completed online application profile at the link in the Application Deadlines document. The application deadline is June 30, 2021.
2. An official transcript from the last two semesters from either a high school or post-secondary institution
3. Proof of applicant’s enrollment in a Canadian post-secondary institution. One of the following is acceptable:
- Letter of acceptance or conditional letter of acceptance
- Proof of tuition payment
- Letter from Office of Registrar
4. A reference letter (200 words max.) from a current employer that includes the following:
- Applicant’s demonstrated and continued commitment to the retail industry
- Ways in which the applicant has distinguished him/herself from other employees
- Reasons indicating why the applicant is deserving of this scholarship
- Current employer/supervisor contact information
5. The future of the Canadian Shopping Industry
The harsh reality is that COVID-19 is having an unprecedented impact on our retail stores. Many stores, for example, have already been closed due provincial mandated lock downs, and more will continue to close permanently in the coming days, weeks, and months. The retail landscape has changed. As well, consumer behaviour and attitudes continue to evolve with customers needing to feel safe when they shop. Retailers need to adapt their store operations to fulfill and delight on these heightened consumer expectations to be successful.
With the challenges of today’s retailer in mind, write an essay that defines, from your perspective and experience, what a retailer needs to do stay successful during these uncertain times . How will the retailer of the future build on their successes of today and continue to grow their operations during this unprecedented time? And what will be required of them to offer the customer of the future a first-in-class and safe retail experience.
6. Make Retail your Career” presentation
Your presentation must include the following:
- Introduce yourself
- Employer: Where do you work and why?
- Retail experience: How has the past year affected your experience in the industry?
- Post-secondary school and program of study: What program will you be taking in September 2021 and why?
- A career in retail: Retail is an industry that offers new challenges and opportunities every day. It is fast and exciting and requires talented individuals to fill a variety of roles, from front-line customer service and store management to data analysis and cyber security. Tell us why you are one of these special professionals.
Thank you to our sponsors for making this scholarship program possible.