Interested in a career in retail? Are you currently enrolled at a Canadian College or University? Do you currently work in retail? You could be eligible for a Retail Education Scholarship.
Supporting the retailers of tomorrow!
There are 20 scholarships available:
|Top Scholarship: $5,000||1|
|Canadian Retail Hall of Fame Scholarship: $3,000||1|
|Industry-Sponsored scholarships: $1,000||18|
2019 Retail Education Scholarship Program winners will receive:
- Financial assistance for their post-secondary education
- Hotel and travel expenses to come to Toronto on May 28 and 29, 2019 to attend STORE – Canada’s BIGGEST Retail Conference – and the Excellence in Retailing Awards Gala
- The opportunity to network and engage with the brightest professionals in the Canadian retail industry at STORE 2019
Interested in applying for a Retail Education Scholarship?
For detailed information about applying for the 2019 Retail Education Scholarship, please review the Application Guidelines. The application deadline is April 1, 2019.
Please note: This scholarship program is for students who are enrolled in or applying to retail, business, marketing or any other program that has ties to the retail industry post-secondary programs in September 2019. If you are not in one of these programs or attending school in Fall 2019, your application will NOT be considered.
Scholarship Application Process
- Currently enrolled full-time or part-time at a Canadian college or university for Fall 2019
- Currently pursuing a retail, business, fashion, marketing or any other retail related post-secondary program
- Currently working part-time or full-time within the retail industry
1. The completed online application profile at the link in the Application Deadlines document. The application deadline is April 1, 2019.
2. An official transcript from the last two semesters from either a high school or post-secondary institution
3. Proof of applicant’s enrollment in a Canadian post-secondary institution. One of the following is acceptable:
- Letter of acceptance or conditional letter of acceptance
- Proof of tuition payment
- Letter from Office of Registrar
4. A reference letter (200 words max.) from a current employer that includes the following:
- Applicant’s demonstrated and continued commitment to the retail industry
- Ways in which the applicant has distinguished him/herself from other employees
- Reasons indicating why the applicant is deserving of this scholarship
- Current employer/supervisor contact information
5. Brand Trust Presentation:
- As part of the 2019 application, each candidate is asked to develop a 3-5 minute presentation that 1) identifies a retailer in Canada and 2) explores how this retailer is excelling and delivering in three areas of brand trust: competence, experience and value. Please source the research you have used in formulating your position.
- To get inspired, please read PWC’S recent article entitled Brand Trust: The retailer’s not-so secret weapon, 2018. For more information, please refer to the application guidelines.
6. “Make Retail your Career!” Applicant Statement (250 words max.)
- A career in retail! Retail is an industry that offers professionals working with new challenges and opportunities every day. It’s fast and exciting and requires talented individuals to fill each role, from front-line customer service and store management to data analysis and cyber security.
- Tell us why you’re one of these special professionals. In a 250-word essay, explain your passion for retail and the reasons you want to pursue a career within this exciting and fast-paced industry
Merci à nos commanditaires de 2019 pour vos contributions à notre programme de bourses d’études!