Interested in a career in retail? Are you currently enrolled at a Canadian College or University? Do you currently work in retail? You could be eligible for a Retail Education Scholarship. View past scholarship winners.
Supporting the retailers of tomorrow!
There are 20 scholarships available:
|Top Scholarship: $5,000||1|
|Canadian Retail Hall of Fame Scholarship: $3,000||1|
|Industry-Sponsored scholarships: $1,000||18|
2020 Retail Education Scholarship Program winners will receive:
- Financial assistance for their post-secondary education
- The opportunity to network and engage with the brightest professionals in the Canadian retail industry
Interested in applying for a Retail Education Scholarship?
For detailed information about applying for the 2020 Retail Education Scholarship, application guidelines will be available soon. The application deadline is May 31, 2020.
Please note: This scholarship program is for students who are enrolled in or applying to retail, business, marketing or any other program that has ties to the retail industry post-secondary programs in September 2020. If you are not in one of these programs or attending school in Fall 2020, your application will NOT be considered.
Scholarship Application Process
- Currently enrolled full-time or part-time at a Canadian college or university for Fall 2020
- Currently pursuing a retail, business, fashion, marketing or any other retail related post-secondary program
- Currently working part-time or full-time within the retail industry
1. The completed online application profile at the link in the Application Deadlines document. The application deadline is May 31, 2020.
2. An official transcript from the last two semesters from either a high school or post-secondary institution
3. Proof of applicant’s enrollment in a Canadian post-secondary institution. One of the following is acceptable:
- Letter of acceptance or conditional letter of acceptance
- Proof of tuition payment
- Letter from Office of Registrar
4. A reference letter (200 words max.) from a current employer that includes the following:
- Applicant’s demonstrated and continued commitment to the retail industry
- Ways in which the applicant has distinguished him/herself from other employees
- Reasons indicating why the applicant is deserving of this scholarship
- Current employer/supervisor contact information
5. Retail Innovation Presentation:
The retail industry is one of the fastest moving industries in the world. It’s also an industry in which change and disruption are the norm. Constantly-evolving consumer behaviours and expectations, ever-increasing competition for share of wallet and rising costs of business are just some of the factors that make retail such a challenging, and rewarding, industry to be involved in. To stay on the curve of this change and evolution, and to continue succeeding and growing their brands, retailers must innovate.
Retail innovation takes many forms, including the implementation of technological advancements, both at the front and back-ends of the business, the offering of enhanced customer experiences, in-store and online, the development of manufacturer partnerships to improve production, distribution, packaging and availability of product, and more.
Select a Canadian retail brand that is excelling when it comes to innovation. Create a 3-5 minute presentation that defines what Retail Innovation is to this retailer and provide concrete examples of the ways in which the retailer is innovating, to what degree, and how their innovation is improving their business and the experience of their customers. Please provide research and resources to support your position in your presentation.
6. “Make Retail your Career!” Applicant Statement (250 words max.)
- A career in retail! Retail is an industry that offers professionals working with new challenges and opportunities every day. It’s fast and exciting and requires talented individuals to fill each role, from front-line customer service and store management to data analysis and cyber security.
- Tell us why you’re one of these special professionals. In a 250-word essay, explain your passion for retail and the reasons you want to pursue a career within this exciting and fast-paced industry
Thank you to our 2020 Sponsors for making this scholarship program possible.