Interested in a career in retail? Are you currently enrolled at a Canadian College or University? Do you currently work in retail?
You could be eligible for a Retail Education Scholarship. Apply by March 30, 2023.
The 2023 Retail Education Scholarship program is now open!
Application Deadline: March 30, 2023.
Supporting the retailers of tomorrow!
There are 18 scholarships available:
|Canadian Retail Hall of Fame Scholarship: $3,000||1|
|JRoss Retail Recruiters Scholarship: $2,000||1|
|Industry-Sponsored scholarships: $1,000||16|
Retail Education Scholarship Program winners will receive:
- Financial assistance for their post-secondary education
- The opportunity to network and engage with the brightest professionals in the Canadian retail industry
Interested in applying for a Retail Education Scholarship?
Please note: This scholarship program is for students who are enrolled in or applying to retail, business, marketing or any other program that has ties to the retail industry post-secondary programs in September 2023. If you are not in one of these programs or attending school in Fall 2023, your application will NOT be considered. Click here to download the 2023 Application Guidelines
Scholarship Application Process
- Currently enrolled full-time or part-time at a Canadian college or university for Fall 2023
- Currently pursuing a retail, business, fashion, marketing or any other retail related post-secondary program
- Currently working part-time or full-time within the retail industry We will accept applications who have been laid off due to the COVID-19 pandemic lockdowns.
1. Complete the online application and release form – Application form found on RCC’s Application Website – Click here to download the 2023 Application Guidelines
2. An official transcript from the last two semesters from either a high school or post-secondary institution
3. Proof of applicant’s enrollment in a Canadian post-secondary institution. One of the following is acceptable:
- Letter of acceptance or conditional letter of acceptance
- Proof of tuition payment
- Letter from Office of Registrar
4. A reference letter (200 words max.) from a current employer that includes the following:
- Applicant’s demonstrated and continued commitment to the retail industry
- Ways in which the applicant has distinguished him/herself from other employees
- Reasons indicating why the applicant is deserving of this scholarship
- Current employer/supervisor contact information
5. Diversity Equity And Inclusion:
Research has demonstrated that diversity equity and inclusion (DEI) make businesses more successful. In retail, DEI is imperative in leadership, the workforce, workplace culture, marketing as well as from a consumer perspective.
Many companies have been putting DEI into greater focus over the last few years, ensuring their customers, staff and supplier are represented, accommodated and happy with the organization. As an organization it’s imperative that barriers which may prevent employees and customers from enjoying access to products, services and employment are addressed and an effort is made to create an inclusive culture.
As the future generation of retail leaders, how do you define diversity, equity, and inclusion in the context of retail? In your estimation, what criteria is involved in an creating a strong DEI culture? And how do you feel your experience and educational pursuits will help to contribute to build strong and inclusive environment within the industry? (800 – 1000 words max)
6. Make Retail your Career” presentation
Your presentation must include the following:
- Introduce yourself
- Employer: Where do you work and why?
- Retail experience: How has the past year affected your experience in the industry?
- Post-secondary school and program of study: What program will you be taking in September 2023 and why?
- A career in retail: Retail is an industry that offers new challenges and opportunities every day. It is fast and exciting and requires talented individuals to fill a variety of roles, from front-line customer service and store management to data analysis and cyber security. Tell us why you are one of these special professionals.