Interested in a career in retail? Are you currently enrolled at a Canadian College or University? Do you currently work in retail? You could be eligible for a Retail Education Scholarship. View past scholarship winners.
Supporting the retailers of tomorrow!
There are 20 scholarships available:
|Top Scholarship: $5,000||1|
|Canadian Retail Hall of Fame Scholarship: $3,000||1|
|Industry-Sponsored scholarships: $1,000||16|
2022 Retail Education Scholarship Program winners will receive:
- Financial assistance for their post-secondary education
- The opportunity to network and engage with the brightest professionals in the Canadian retail industry
Interested in applying for a Retail Education Scholarship?
For detailed information on how to apply for the 2022 Retail Education Scholarship, please download the application guidelines. The application deadline is April 1, 2022.
Please note: This scholarship program is for students who are enrolled in or applying to retail, business, marketing or any other program that has ties to the retail industry post-secondary programs in September 2022. If you are not in one of these programs or attending school in Fall 2022, your application will NOT be considered.
Scholarship Application Process
- Currently enrolled full-time or part-time at a Canadian college or university for Fall 2022
- Currently pursuing a retail, business, fashion, marketing or any other retail related post-secondary program
- Currently working part-time or full-time within the retail industry We will accept applications who have been laid off due to the COVID-19 pandemic lockdowns.
1. The completed online application profile at the link in the Application Deadlines document. The application deadline is April 1, 2022.
2. An official transcript from the last two semesters from either a high school or post-secondary institution
3. Proof of applicant’s enrollment in a Canadian post-secondary institution. One of the following is acceptable:
- Letter of acceptance or conditional letter of acceptance
- Proof of tuition payment
- Letter from Office of Registrar
4. A reference letter (200 words max.) from a current employer that includes the following:
- Applicant’s demonstrated and continued commitment to the retail industry
- Ways in which the applicant has distinguished him/herself from other employees
- Reasons indicating why the applicant is deserving of this scholarship
- Current employer/supervisor contact information
5. The New Customer
Retail has felt the effects of COVID-19 over the past couple of challenging years and has gone through a transformation. Stores have been forced to limit in-person shopping, increase online ordering and curbside pickup, and became a lifeline for customers needing essential goods. Because of this forced evolution, customer behavior has had an increased shift towards ecommerce.
A retailer’s ability to connect with its customers is more critical than ever as shopping habits continue to change in the midst of the worldwide economic disruption brought on by the pandemic. Because of these driving factors, retailers need to change the way they look at their customer and to develop best practices that suit the needs of their customer and the profitability of their business.
Based on your experience, what does the new customer look like? How can you leverage your training, education, and knowledge to meet the demands of the new customer? (600 – 800 words max)
6. Make Retail your Career” presentation
Your presentation must include the following:
- Introduce yourself
- Employer: Where do you work and why?
- Retail experience: How has the past year affected your experience in the industry?
- Post-secondary school and program of study: What program will you be taking in September 2022 and why?
- A career in retail: Retail is an industry that offers new challenges and opportunities every day. It is fast and exciting and requires talented individuals to fill a variety of roles, from front-line customer service and store management to data analysis and cyber security. Tell us why you are one of these special professionals.
Thank you to our sponsors for making this scholarship program possible.