Diane J. Brisebois
President & CEO
Diane J. Brisebois is the President and Chief Executive Officer of Retail Council of Canada (RCC) and has held that position since 1995. Prior to joining RCC, Diane held the position of President and CEO of the Canadian Office Products Association for 14 years. Diane has spent more than 38 years leading retail industry associations in Canada.
Retail Council is the largest retail association in the country representing more than 45,000 retail establishments of all shapes and sizes from coast to coast. RCC`s membership covers all retail segments including general merchandise, grocery and pharmacy and accounts for more than 70% of all retail sales in the country excluding auto and gas sales.
Diane has and continues to serve on several boards across North America:
- She currently serves as a Member of the Governance and Finance Committees of the Board of the Toronto Region Board of Trade, as a member of the Board of Stewardship Ontario, the Advisory Boards of the St. Mary’s University David Sobey Centre for Retail, the School of Retailing of the University of Alberta and The Federation of International Retail Associations;
- She also served as the Chairman of the Board of the Canadian Society of Association Executives, the Traffic Injury Research Foundation, the Fair Factory Clearinghouse and The Federation of International Retail Associations;
- In addition, Diane served as a Director on the Board of the Quebec Employers Council, Covenant House Toronto, the School of Retail at Ryerson University, the Business Advisory Board of the World Wildlife Federation and the Capital Fundraising Committee of the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health Foundation (CAMH).
Diane received the following recognitions:
- In 2002 – The Pinnacle Award in recognition of exceptional leadership and outstanding contribution to the association community and the Canadian Society of Association Executives
- In 2016 – The Advancing Retail as a Career Award presented by the School of Retailing of the University of Alberta
- In 2017 – The Golden Pencil Award presented by the Food Industry of Canada for outstanding contribution to the grocery industry
- In 2018 – The Founders of Canada’s Digital Economy Award presented by IdentityNorth in recognition of outstanding contribution to the advancement of the digital economy
Ms. Brisebois is a native of Montreal, Quebec and now resides in Toronto, Ontario.