- What is Retail Council of Canada (RCC)? What can membership do for my business?
- What is the difference between Retailer and Non Retailer (Supplier) Membership? What is an Educationist Membership?
- What are the benefits of being a Non Retailer member?
- What is the Supplier Directory? How does my company get a listing?
- Does being an RCC member mean my company can access contact information for RCC’s retail members?
- Does my company have to be a member to attend events, become involved in sponsorship, or receive correspondence like the weekly e-newsletter?
- How do I become a member of Retail Council of Canada?
1) What is Retail Council of Canada (RCC)? What can membership do for my business?
RCC is a not-for-profit, industry-funded association representing more than 45,000 store fronts of all retail formats across Canada, including department, specialty, discount, independent stores, and online merchants.
RCC is a strong advocate for the retail industry in Canada and works with all levels of government and other stakeholders to support employment growth and career opportunities in retail, to promote and sustain retail investments in communities from coast-to-coast, and to enhance consumer choice and industry competitiveness. Through membership, RCC provides a full range of services and programs including: Group Discount Programs, education and training, access to benchmarking and best practices, networking, advocacy, and industry information.
2) What is the difference between Retailer and Non Retailer (Supplier) Membership? What is an Educationist Membership?
RCC has two categories of members: Retailers and Non Retailers (also known as Supplier Members).
Retail members are those who provide products and services to the end user or consumer. Non Retailers members provide products and services to retailers.
An Educationist Membership is strictly for educational institutions, offering the same great resources and access to Group Discount Programs.
3) What are the benefits of being a Non Retailer member?
- Discounts on registration to RCC Events and Conferences
- Access to RCC’s Group Discount Programs
- Access to all RCC Research, which includes our quarterly Retail Conditions Report, Retail Conditions Report Webinar and monthly Retail Fast Facts
- A subscription to Canadian Retailer, RCC’s award-winning magazine
- Free basic listing on RCC’s Online Supplier Directory
- The opportunity to build brand awareness amongst RCC’s Retail members and the retail industry with Sponsorship and Advertising Opportunities
Opportunities for collaboration:
- Developing White Papers and Webinars
- Speaking opportunities
- Submitting articles for RCC’s publications
4) What is the Supplier Directory? How does my company get a listing?
Only members can be listed on RCC’s Supplier Directory. A basic listing is included with Non Retail membership. This listing will automatically be posted on behalf of the company and will contain the business name and contact information.
For an additional fee, your business can purchase a Premier Listing. To activate this listing you must contact Naylor Canada, Inc. (contact details can be found on Supplier Directory page under Advertise with us). This listing contains your business name, logo, a link to your website and a 50 word description of your products and services.
5) Does being an RCC member mean my company can access contact information for RCC’s retail members?
RCC assists Non Retail Members in creating a presence within our retail community through sponsorship, advertising and collaboration opportunities.
6) Does my company have to be a member to attend events, become involved in sponsorship, or receive correspondence like the weekly e-newsletter?
Non members can only receive limited information from our website. They can attend events, and participate in educational programs, but the costs to do so as a non member are much higher. In some cases, the difference is 20 to 40 per cent more. Non members can subscribe to our e-newsletter, but must purchase a subscription to our magazine, Canadian Retailer.
Membership is required to become engaged within RCC’s retail community.
Only Members are given unlimited access to Group Discount Programs, research, data and resources through RCC’s members-only website. Members also receive a subscription to Canadian Retailer.
7) How do I become a member of Retail Council of Canada?
To become a Non Retail member of RCC, please fill out the Non Retail Membership Application and email it to [email protected]. You are also welcome to fax it to 1-866-4274714. If you have any questions please feel free to contact RCC’s Customer Service Department at [email protected]