The CBSA Assessment and Revenue Management (CARM) project is a multi-year initiative that will transform the collection of tax and duty for goods imported into Canada.
Once fully implemented, CARM will:
- Simplify the overall importing process
- Provide a modern interface for importing into Canada
- Give importers self-service access to their own information
- Reduce the cost of importing into Canada
- Improve consistency in trade rules and decisions
- Strengthen compliance verification and fraud detection