With Manitoba’s second vaccination target achieved, and active COVID19 cases and hospitalizations continuing to fall, the Manitoba Government has announced it will be proceeding with its Stage 2 reopening at 12:01 a.m. on Saturday, July 17, 2021.
Retail Capacity increases to 50%
As of Saturday, July 17, retail capacity for all retail stores across Manitoba will increase from 25% to 50% of fire code occupancy, to a maximum of 500 people for larger footprint stores.
Further Relaxation for other Sectors and Services
Additionally, with 77% of all Manitobans aged 12 plus having received their first vaccination dose, and 59% having received their second dose, as of this Saturday, across Manitoba the following updates will go into effect:
• Movie theatres will be allowed to reopen at 50% capacity, for fully vaccinated people only.
• Restaurant capacity increases to 50% for indoor dining. For indoor dining, patrons seated together must continue to be from the same household, unless all patrons at the table are fully immunized. For outdoor dining, tables are limited to a maximum of 8 patrons and can be from different households regardless of immunization status.
• Personal service businesses (hair and nail salons, estheticians, barbers, etc.) continue at 50% capacity.
• Gyms and fitness facilities may operate at 50% capacity.
• Summer day camps may operate at a maximum of 25 participants in groups.
Indoor gatherings are once again permitted, to a maximum of 25 in public settings, and five people in private settings. Outdoor gathering sizes on private property rise to 25, and 150 in public outdoor locations.
These orders are scheduled to expire at 12:01 a.m. Monday, August 7, and based on the current pace of vaccinations, will likely feature the announcement of the final reopening stage at that time.
Throughout the pandemic RCC has worked closely with the government and is presently collaborating on updates to retail guideline documents as part of the final phase of the province’s reopening plan.
For questions or more information contact
Director, Government Relations (Prairies)