With Manitoba reporting 480 new cases today and retaining the dubious distinction of having the highest number per capita of active case numbers in the country, Winnipeg will be moving to RED (critical) level on the Pandemic Response System, effective November 2, 2020. All other Manitoba regions will move to full level ORANGE.
For retailers, this means most stores in the region must reduce to 25 per cent, with the exception of grocery and pharmacy retailers that may remain at 50 per cent of normal levels.
Critical level (RED) in the Winnipeg Metro Region includes the following changes:
- Retail will be reduced to 25 per cent capacity, or five people, whichever is higher (not including employees).
- Grocery and pharmacy stores will be allowed to remain at 50 per cent capacity.
- Bars and restaurants will be closed except for take-out and delivery.
- Sports and recreation programming will be suspended.
- Gyms and fitness centres will have reduced capacity to 25 per cent and masks will be mandatory.- Movie theatres and concert halls will close.
- Schools there will be no change.
Restricted level (ORANGE) has been set for the balance of Manitoba, and includes:
- Reduced retail capacity to 50 per cent, encouraging limiting those who go shopping from each household.
- Capacity limited to 50 per cent at restaurants and bars, with group sizes limited to five.
- Movie theatres, gyms and fitness centers require contact information for all attendees and mask use at all times, except when exercising.
The Health Order will be published in the next couple of days and RCC will provide more information as it becomes available. For more information, contact John Graham, Director of Government Relations (Prairie Region), at (204) 918-3353 or email@example.com