Earlier this afternoon, Ontario’s Premier announced a Cabinet shuffle which sees 15 MPPs take on new roles. Whenever a cabinet shuffle occurs, progress on policy files can often slow down as it takes time for new Ministers to transition into new responsibilities. It can also take several weeks for political staffing changes to take place.
For ministries involved in the shuffle, RCC anticipates that any meetings we currently have scheduled for the next few weeks will be cancelled. However, ongoing meetings/consultations occurring with ministry officials should proceed as normal. In other words, members should expect briefings on Ontario’s new blue box regulation or consultations on the new business registry, etc., to continue with minimal impact.
- Lisa Thompson – Agriculture
- David Picinni – Environment
- Kinga Surma – Infrastructure
- Todd Smith – Energy
- Prab Sarkaria – Treasury Board
- Rod Phillips – Long-Term Care
- Merrilee Fullerton – Children, Community and Social Services
- Parm Gill – Citizenship and Multiculturalism
- Jill Dunlop – Colleges and Universities
- Ross Romano – Consumer and Government Services
- Greg Rickford – Northern Development, Mining, Natural Resources and Forestry; and Indigenous Affairs
- Nina Tangri – Associate Minister of Small Business
- Stan Cho – Associate Minister of Transportation
- Jane McKenna – Associate Minister of Children and Women’s Issues
- Kaleed Rasheed – Associate Minister of Digital Government
RCC has relationships with many of the new Ministers that are relevant to our member’s interests and we look forward to working with them in the weeks and months ahead.
For more information, please contact:
Director, Government Relations (Ontario)