In order to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus, the government of Quebec announced this morning the intensification of its control measures in businesses. Here are some examples:
- Increased police control in stores
- Increase in CNESST controls
- Visits from public health officers
- Adoption of an in-store occupancy limit and display of the maximum number of customers (1 customer per 20 m2)
- Fines of $1,000 to $6,000 for offenders
- Addition of a provision for businesses with repeat offenses that may result in the closure of the establishments in question
You will find details on the Government of Quebec website. (French only)
In order to limit the spread of COVID-19 as well as the re-closing of stores as in other Canadian jurisdictions, the CCCD strongly recommends that retailers (who are not doing already) follow the measures in force.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Jean-François Belleau at email@example.com.