The increase in digitization of retail throughout the pandemic has made accessing retail harder for Canadians with disabilities, including the growing population of older Canadians who will increasingly face accessibility challenges. People living with disabilities often struggle to interact with mainstream retail infrastructures and can be met with prejudiced attitudes during retail experiences.
RCC has launched a new guidebook, Accessibility Amid a Changing Retail Landscape. This free-to-download guidebook will help retailers:
- Gain a better understanding about different disabilities
- Explore how accessibility affects their stores
- Learn how to provide effective service to all
- Discover simple, low-cost ways to make physical and digital stores accessible
Did you know?
- 9.1 million people in Canada have a recognized disability
- More than 4 in 10 Canadians with disabilities have a severe or very severe disability
- 30% of Canadians consider accessibility when looking for a place to shop
2022 Accessibility Webinars
RCC continues to host free webinars that discuss different aspects of Accessibility in retail. View the 2022 EnAbling Change webinar series here.