Working together with the community, our MySTORE division speaks to the unique needs of independent retailers. Strengthen your business with our valuable training and programs, network at our regional events across Canada and help us represent Retail through our lobbying efforts. If you are not already part of this vibrant community, Join Today!
Introducing: Question of the Week!
How Do You Compare?
Find out through the MySTORE Independent Retailer Question of the Week. This is a free, simple tool that gives Canada's independent retailers timely and relevant information on the state of independent retail in Canada.
Here's how it works: each week, we will invite you to answer a question related to best practices, current events, store operations, financial performance, staffing and more. It only takes a few moments to answer the MySTORE Independent Retailer Question of the Week, and in return, you'll receive the aggregated results of the survey including a brief report with timely and relevant information. With this information, you will know how you compare with other independent retailers and can make use of this information to help guide your business decisions.
Last week’s question results:
This week’s question consists of a series of questions including:1. What is your annual marketing budget as a percentage of your gross sales?
2. What percentage of your annual marketing budget do you spend on print (e.g., newspaper, magazine, flyer, direct mail)?
3. What percentage of your annual marketing budget do you spend on radio?
4. What percentage of your annual marketing budget do you spend on online marketing (e.g., email, social media, Google AdWords)?
5. What percentage of your annual marketing budget do you spend on signage (e.g., outdoor, window)?
6. What percentage of your annual marketing budget do you spend on other marketing tactics (e.g., sponsorships, television, other)?
Click here to participate in this week's question.
To learn more about the benefits of your Membership with RCC, click here.
The Most Overlooked Tax Deductions for Canadian Small Businesses
Shop Indie Week:
MySTORE paid tribute to Canada’s proud independent retailers during Small Business Month by introducing Shop Indie Week, October 18 – 25, 2014. Independent retailers were invited to join the campaign to promote and celebrate Shop Indie Week in their communities. Visit shopindieweek.com to learn how members brought this exciting event alive with Pinterest pages, special events and more.!
Shop Indie Week
Held last year: October 18 – 25, 2014