RCC is a not-for-profit, industry-funded association representing more than 45,000 store fronts of all retail formats across Canada, including department, specialty, discount, independent stores and online merchants. RCC is a strong advocate for the retail industry in Canada and works with all levels of government to support employment growth and career opportunities in retail. We promote and sustain retail investments in communities from coast-to-coast and aim to enhance consumer choice and industry competitiveness. Through membership, RCC provides a full range of services and programs including discount programs, education and training, access to benchmarking, best practices and industry information, networking and advocacy support for retail-friendly legislation.
Retailers and Associates (or retail suppliers) who provide products and services to retailers can join RCC.
You can either register online or request an application form from firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, or would like to get more information on membership, please feel free to contact RCC’s membership team at 416-922-6678 ext. 1. Membership with Retail Council of Canada is active one year from when you join, and you are able to renew on your annual renewal date. There is no contract to sign to become a member of RCC.
One membership will cover all your locations if your stores are owned under the same holding company and sell similar merchandise. All locations would be linked to the main store and be entitled to receive the savings and programs that RCC offers. If your store operates as separate entities, or have different owners, then please contact us to find out more about your membership options.
Membership with RCC is company based, and all of your employees can register for an account to receive RCC member-only communications, access industry research, and access educational programs. Each contact on the profile will have their own login to the member portal and can reset their password here. You must be attached to your correct company account to successfully access members-only content.
Only members are given access to group discount programs, research, data and resources through RCC’s members-only section on our website. Sponsorship and exhibitor opportunities are also available to RCC members. Non-members are able to access some information on our website, but are excluded from member-only industry updates, research and publications. Non-members can attend events and participate in educational programs, but pay a significantly higher non-member rate. Non-members can subscribe to our weekly newsletter.
Membership with Retail Council of Canada is non-refundable but can be cancelled at the end of your one-year term.
RCC has two categories of members: Retailers and Associate (also known as Supplier Members). Retail members are those who provide products and services to consumers. Associate members provide products and services to retailers.
As a Retailer member, you benefit through:
- Amplifying your influence – your perspective will help shape RCC’s advocacy initiatives, ensuring the interests and priorities of your business
- Opportunities to join special retail committees, allowing your team to network with industry peers and leaders
- Discounts on retail conferences and events
- Access to an extensive library of reports and statistics
- Savings and discount programs including: Chase Merchant Services, BarterPay and more!
- Discounts on registration to RCC Events and Conferences
- Saving with RCC’s discount programs
- Access to all RCC Research, which includes our quarterly Retail Conditions Report and monthly Retail Fast Facts
- Free basic listing on RCC’s Online Supplier Directory
- The opportunity to build brand awareness amongst RCC’s retail members and within the retail industry with sponsorship and exhibiting opportunities which include:
- Opportunities for collaboration
- Developing white papers and webinars
- Speaking opportunities at events
- Submitting articles for RCC’s publications
- Exhibiting at RCC Events
The Supplier Directory is an online directory where Non-Retail/Supplier members can list services. This is a tool all retailers and visitors to RCC’s website can access. All Associate supplier members receive a free listing with their membership. For an additional fee, your business can purchase a Premier Listing, which also includes your logo, a link to your website and a description of your products and services. To activate a listing or for any Supplier Directory questions, please contact Kalie Belanger, Senior Membership Coordinator, at 1-888-373-8245 ext. 231 or e-mail email@example.com.
We’ve leveraged the buying power of Retail Council of Canada’s 45,000 member stores to bring you great savings plus the confidence of knowing RCC has vetted and approved these programs and partners. Once your membership is active with RCC, you will receive an outline of all benefits available to you and how to take advantage of them. Existing members can call or email the benefit partners directly with their RCC member number and start saving or email us and request a referral. You can find out more about our benefits programs here, or contact the membership team at 1-888-373-8245 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your member number is sent in your welcome email when you join RCC. You can also find it in your renewal invoice/receipt, under the heading “Customer ID”. Contact the RCC Membership team directly at 1-888-373-8245 or email@example.com for help finding your member number.
RCC has very strict privacy policies and does not disclose member information to other members. RCC assists associate members in creating a presence within our retail community through sponsorship, advertising and collaboration opportunities. Our member list is not for sale.
To find out if your company is already a member, you can contact the membership team at 1-888-373-8245 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be pleased to assist you.
Yes, you can renew your membership online. The billing contact on your account will receive an email 60 days before your renewal date. You can pay your membership after completing the membership renewal survey. Once appropriate fee category is selected, an invoice is generated and sent through e-mail. You can select the “pay renewal” tab and proceed through this method. We accept Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Cheque & EFT.
Yes, you can make changes to your personal account or company account. Your personal account allows you to add, remove, or edit contact information. In order to make changes to a company account, you must be listed as an administrative contact.
Access is based on your account type. RCC has three types of account access:
- Contact Individual: Can access and edit own personal information.
- Company Administrator: Includes Contact Individual access plus ability to add, remove, or edit member individuals on behalf of your company.
- Full Account Administrator: Includes Contact Individual and Company Administrator access plus access to billing information. (Note: Access to billing information is currently being revised and will be available soon.)