RCC is a not-for-profit, industry-funded association representing more than 45,000 store fronts of all retail formats across Canada, including department, specialty, discount, independent stores and online merchants. RCC is a strong advocate for the retail industry in Canada and works with all levels of government to support employment growth and career opportunities in retail. We promote and sustain retail investments in communities from coast-to-coast and aim to enhance consumer choice and industry competitiveness. Through membership, RCC provides a full range of services and programs including discount programs, education and training, access to benchmarking, best practices and industry information, networking and advocacy support for retail-friendly legislation.
Retailers and Non-Retailers (Suppliers) who provide products and services to retailers can join RCC.
You can either register online or download a form and email it to email@example.com or fax it to 1-877-790-4271. If you have any questions, or would like to get more information on membership, please feel free to contact RCC’s membership team at 416 922 6678 ext. 1 Membership with Retail Council of Canada is active one year from when you join, and you are able to renew on your annual renewal date. No, there is no contract to sign to become a member of RCC.
Generally one membership will cover all your locations if your stores are owned under the same holding company and sell similar merchandise. All locations would be linked to the main store and be entitled to receive the savings and programs that RCC offers. If your store operates as separate entities, or have different owners, then please contact us to find out more about your membership options.
Membership with RCC is company based, and all of your employees can register for an account to receive RCC member-only communications, access industry research, and access educational programs.
Only members are given access to group discount programs, research, data and resources through RCC’s member-only section on our website. Members also receive a subscription to our award-winning Canadian Retailer magazine. Sponsorship and exhibitor opportunities are also available to RCC members. Non-members are able to access some information on our website, but are excluded from member-only industry updates, research and publications. Non-members can attend events and participate in educational programs, but pay a significantly higher non-member rate. Non-members can subscribe to our weekly eNewsletter, but must purchase a subscription Canada Retailer.
Membership with Retail Council of Canada is non-refundable and non-cancellable.
RCC has two categories of members: Retailers and Non-Retailers (also known as Supplier Members). Retail members are those who provide products and services to consumers. Non-Retailer members provide products and services to retailers.
As a Retailer member, you benefit through:
- Amplifying your influence – your perspective will help shape RCC’s advocacy initiatives, ensuring the interests and priorities of your business
- Opportunities to join special retail committees, allowing your team to network with industry peers and leaders
- Discounts on retail conferences and events
- Access to an extensive library of reports and statistics
- Savings and discount programs including: Chase, Morneau Shepell, Zensurance, Canpar, Deluxe|Nebs, HASCO, ESSO and more!
- A subscription to Canadian Retailer, RCC’s award-winning magazine
- Discounts on registration to RCC Events and Conferences
- Saving with RCC’s discount programs
- Access to all RCC Research, which includes our quarterly Retail Conditions Report and monthly Retail Fast Facts
- A subscription to Canadian Retailer,RCC’s award-winning magazine
- Free basic listing on RCC’s Online Supplier Directory
- The opportunity to build brand awareness amongst RCC’s retail members and within the retail industry with sponsorship and exhibiting opportunities which include:
- Opportunities for collaboration
- Developing white papers and webinars
- Speaking opportunities at events
- Submitting articles for RCC’s publications
- Exhibiting at RCC Events
The Supplier Directory is an online directory where Non-Retail/Supplier members can list services. This is a tool all retailers and visitors to RCC’s website can access. All non-retailer supplier members receive a free listing with their membership. For an additional fee, your business can purchase a Premier Listing, which also includes your logo, a link to your website and a description of your products and services. To activate a listing or for any Supplier Directory questions, please contact Mark Deegan, Membership Representative, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ve leveraged the buying power of Retail Council of Canada’s 45,000 member stores to bring you great savings plus the confidence of knowing RCC has vetted and approved these programs and partners. Once your membership is active with RCC, you will receive an outline of all benefits available to you and how to take advantage of them. Existing members can call or email the benefit partners directly with their RCC member number and start saving or email us and request a referral. You can find out more about our benefits programs here, or contact the membership team at 1-888-373-8245 or email@example.com.
Your member number is sent in your welcome email when you join RCC. You can also find it in your renewal notice, under the heading “Member Number”. Contact the RCC Membership team directly at 1-888-373-8245 or firstname.lastname@example.org for help finding your member number.
RCC has very strict privacy policies and does not disclose member information to other members. RCC assists non-retail members in creating a presence within our retail community through sponsorship, advertising and collaboration opportunities. Our member list is not for sale.
To find out if your company is already a member, you can contact the membership team at 1-888-373-8245 or email us at email@example.com and we will be pleased to assist you.
Yes, you can renew your membership online. You must be listed as the designated billing administrator, which will give you permissions through the portal to pay for your membership. Once logged in, you can select “Manage Company Account” which will allow you to make a payment.
Yes, you can make changes to your personal account or company account. Your personal account allows you to change your opt-in settings and contact information. In order to make changes to a company account, you must be listed as an administrative contact.
For larger retailers, access is based on your account type. RCC has four types of account access:
- Non-Member: Access to email preferences that allow you to subscribe to information such as our e-Newsletter and event details.
- Member Individual: Access to email preferences that allow you to subscribe to information such as our e-Newsletter. Your login also gives you access to member-only publications and research documents listed on our website.
- Administrator: You have the ability to add, remove, or edit individual members on behalf of your company so that you can ensure your membership benefits are extended to the right people within your company.
- Billing Administrator: You have all Member Individual and Administrator access, plus are able to view invoicing history, pay invoices online and manage membership renewals.