WorkSafeBC has posted the 2022 preliminary insurance rates for B.C. businesses, including some significant rate changes for retail sectors:
- Supermarket base rates will rise from 1.07 to 1.28 (20% change)
- Convenience store, farm market, or speciality food store reates will rise from 1.19 to 1.30 (9% change)
- Large retail store rates will rise from 0.80 to 0.95 (19% change); furniture store rates will go from 1.43 to 1.73 (21% change)
- Food wholesalers will rise from 1.30 to 1.48 (14% change)
- The rate for recycling depots will rise from 3.29 to 3.48 (6% change).
In more positive news, the rate for warehouse operations will fall from 2.38 to 2.10 (12% decrease). There will be no rate change for restaurants or other dining establishments for 2022. These rates are expected to be confirmed by WorkSafeBC’s Board of Directors in late October, 2021.