WorkSafeBC has posted the 2022 preliminary insurance rates for B.C. businesses, including some significant rate changes for retail sectors:
- Supermarket base rates will rise from 1.07 to 1.28 (20% change)
- Convenience store, farm market, or speciality food store reates will rise from 1.19 to 1.30 (9% change)
- Large retail store rates will rise from 0.80 to 0.95 (19% change); furniture store rates will go from 1.43 to 1.73 (21% change)
- Food wholesalers will rise from 1.30 to 1.48 (14% change)
- The rate for recycling depots will rise from 3.29 to 3.48 (6% change).
In more positive news, the rate for warehouse operations will fall from 2.38 to 2.10 (12% decrease). There will be no rate change for restaurants or other dining establishments for 2022. These rates are expected to be confirmed by WorkSafeBC’s Board of Directors in late October, 2021.
For questions or more information contact
Senior Manager, Government Relations and Regulatory Affairs