RCC continues to work on initiatives and programs across the country to address the increase of violence in retail and organized retail crime. Bringing together retailers, police, justice, government, and other community-based agencies to collaborate and explore opportunities and recommendations that have been raised and initiate working groups, proof of concepts, and pilots to test in various markets.
The following are upcoming activities that the RCC is supporting across the country:
TODAY Tuesday, June 20: Ontario Retail Crime Committee Meeting – RCC offices in Toronto, Ont.
Building the priorities for Ontario-specific retail crime strategy:
• Tools and Resources for retailers;
• Organized Retail Crime Program – Taskforce;
• Dedicated police officers for retail crime;
• Enforcement of violent and prolific retail criminals.
Friday, June 23: RCC hosts an Alberta Retail Crime Round Table
• Strategic meeting with retailers, police and government to establish the priorities for Alberta.
Wednesday, June 28: National Taskforce gathers – Mississauga, Ont.
Half-Day session with retailers, police, justice and government to normailze tactical programs in the following areas:
• Organized Retail Round up / Blitz campaign;
• Retail Theft Unit in police services;
• Joint Force Operation Taskforce focused on ORC;
• National Database for retail crime reporting.
Thursday, June 29: RCC hosts the inaugural Quebec Loss Prevention Committee
Thursday, July 13: RCC hosts a Roundtable with retailers and government in Halifax
For questions or more information contact:
Executive Advisor, Loss Prevention and Risk Management