New Brunswick to move to Level 1 in COVID-19 Alert SystemFebruary 10, 2022
Due to declining COVID-19 numbers, the government of New Brunswick announced that as of Saturday, February 19, 2022, the province will move to Level 1 in its COVID-19 Alert System. This is good news for RCC members as Level 1 eliminates all remaining COVID-19 capacity restrictions.
At Level 1:
- Masks are required in indoor public spaces and outdoor spaces where physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- All retail can open without any specific capacity restrictions but must maintain 2 metres of physical distancing.
- All restaurants and cinemas can open without any specific capacity restrictions. Patrons must show proof of vaccination / medical exemption and must remain seated
- Salons can open without any specific capacity restrictions but must maintain 2 metres of physical distancing OR can require proof of vaccination.
- All travellers (including New Brunswickers) must register prior to their travel to the province or a multi-use pass. Only unvaccinated people are required to isolate and take a test on Day 10.
- See Press Release.
- Details on the COVID-19 Alert Systems.
For questions or more information contact
Director, Government Relations (Atlantic)