Ensuring retail businesses are safe for both retail workers and customers is required by law. To help retailers provide safe working environments and shopping experiences, Retail Council of Canada has assembled the top resources concerning all the new and emerging health and safety requirements.
- Ontario’s Mandatory Health and Safety Poster
- Canada Consumer Product Safety Act Brochure
- Preparing and Maintaining Documents Fact Sheets
- Bill 168: Workplace Violence and Harassment
- Work Safe. For Life. – Nova Scotia Health & Safety Resources
- Worker’s Compensation Board of Nova Scotia
Retailers Guides: Health & Safety Series
- Nova Scotia Health and Safety Guide for New Retail Workers
- British Columbia Health and Safety Guide for New Retail Workers
- Manitoba Health and Safety Guide for New Retail Workers
- Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Guide for Retail Workers and Employers
Health & Safety and ‘Safe Series’ Posters
Since the launch of our poster series, RCC has distributed over 15,000 copies to retailers across Canada. Our members have used the posters in many ways, including them in orientation packages and posting them on safety boards and in lunch rooms. RCC encourages all members to display these posters to increase awareness and participation in developing a health and safety culture at every store location. To order copies, call Customer Service at 1-888-373-8245.