- B.C. to allow private liquor retailers to sell to special event permit holdersB.C. will now allow private liquor retailers to sell products to those who have special event permits, where previously … Continued
- B.C. permanently extends hours for retail sale of liquorThe B.C. government is permanently extending hours for authorized liquor retailers who were allowed to open early for the … Continued
- BC to allow home delivery of cannabis from licensed cannabis retailers beginning July 15, 2021Cannabis retail stores in BC will now be able to offer home delivery of non-medical cannabis to consumers starting … Continued
Keeping retailers informed on Alcohol & Cannabis
The sale of alcohol and cannabis is highly regulated and requirements vary across the country. Retailers need to stay on top of the evolving regulatory landscape – both to ensure they are in compliance and to enable new opportunities for growth and innovation.
Advocating for retailers
Alcohol in Ontario: Choice & Convenience means GDP Growth
The rules on alcohol sales in Ontario grocery stores are changing. RCC supports increased choice and convenience in alcohol sales in Ontario. Read RCC’s report highlighting how the Ontario Government’s move to increase choice & convenience for alcohol will also increase overall retail sales and benefit the economy.
Third-party delivery of alcohol in Quebec
Currently, the delivery of alcoholic products can only be done by employees of retailers; RCC is taking steps to allow alcohol delivery via a third party, as will soon be permitted for restaurant permit holders. This would allow retailers more flexibility in terms of who can deliver their products, including through mobile apps.
Legalization of Cannabis
The government of Canada legalized the sale of recreational cannabis in 2018 and is currently developing the rules for cannabis edibles. The Regulations for the sale of cannabis vary from province to province. RCC’s Cannabis ‘Cheat Sheet’ provides details on the key elements of the regulations across the country.
Tools and Resources
Cannabis Regulations Across Canada
This Cannabis ‘Cheat Sheet’ tells you what’s legal and where in Canada.
Retail Cannabis Forum
Hear from cannabis retailers about creating immersive brand experiences, new marketing strategies, educating consumers, and finding the best talent. Find out about the next Retail Cannabis Forum and other RCC events by registering for news and events updates.
Contact Avery Bruenjes, Policy Analyst, Government Relations at email@example.com for more information on:
- Current regulatory cannabis issues and compliance
Contact Sebastian Prins, Director, Government Relations (Ontario) at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on:
- Ontario alcohol regulatory issues and compliance