Health Canada updates its industry guides on flammability requirements impacting a wide range of retail productsJanuary 21, 2021
Health Canada recently updated a number of its industry guides related to the use of flame retardant chemicals for several product categories subject to the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act (CCPSA). These updates impact a wide range of products sold in Canada, including clothing, furniture, carpets/rugs, and toys.
RCC recommends that retailers review these guides to ensure the products they are selling meet current regulations.
- Industry Guide to Canadian Requirements for Carpets and Other Textile Floor Coverings
- Industry Guide to Flammability of Textile Products in Canada
- Industry Guide to Health Canada’s Safety Requirements for Children’s Toys and Related Products
- Children’s sleepwear: Flammability requirement guidelines
- Industry guide to futon flammability requirements in Canada
For a full list of industry guides and Health Canada reports, please visit the Consumer Product Safety’s Reports web page.