The Alberta government has just announced additional public health measures that will take effect at 12:01 a.m. on Dec. 24, however, do not include changes to the rules currently in place for retail stores.
Retail stores across Alberta remain at 33% of fire code (excluding employees), with stores expected to maintain a strong commitment to the mandatory mask requirements, and physical distancing practices.
New Health Measures:
- For venues in the Restrictions Exemption Program – 50 per cent capacity limit at venues that seat more than 1,000 people. For venues with capacity of between 500 and 1,000 occupants, 500 is the limit.
- No food or drink consumption in seated audience settings or during intermissions in the above-mentioned venues.
- There is no impact on venues under 500.
- Maximum table capacity of 10 people in restaurants, pubs and bars. No mingling between tables.
- No interactive activities at restaurants, pubs and bars (e.g., dancing, darts and billiards).
- Restaurants, pubs and bars must stop liquor service at 11 p.m., and close at 12:30 a.m.
Restrictions continue for both indoor and outdoor social gatherings, weddings, funerals, places of worship and businesses. Albertans should also refrain from workplace social gatherings.
For questions or more information contact
Director, Government Relations (Prairies)