WorkSafeBC has also opened consultations on amendments to the Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Regulation with respect to Workplace Violence and Harassment. The proposed changes include:
- Creating a single definition for behavioural hazards, called harassment and violence;
- Requirement for a harassment and violence prevention program;
- Requirements to resolve (internal to the organization) incidents without an investigation;
- Requirements for investigations of external incidents, and;
- Requirements respecting information sharing, notifications, and record maintenance.
Members who have an interest in whether RCC makes a submission are asked to contact Greg Wilson.
For questions or more information contact
Director, Government Relations and Regulatory Affairs