To deal with the recent rise in COVID-19 cases, new restrictions have been outlined that will impact retailers, beginning December 7, 2020 until December, 21, 2020.
- Retailers will be limited to 50% capacity (patrons, not including employees). The capacity rule is based on 50% of the fire code and is calculated based on the entire retail floor space. This includes fixtures / displays. PEI follows the National Fire Prevention Act, which allows for:
- Ground level retail space = 1 person per 30 ft sq of retail space
- Basement or Second Floor = 1 person per 40 ft sq of retail space
- Islanders are being encouraged to stay home as much as possible and only go out for essential purposes.
- No in- room dining at restaurants. Take-out and delivery can continue with enhanced precautions.