The Quebec government has announced the terms and conditions surrounding the implementation of the vaccination passport in certain retail businesses in the province.
- As of January 24, 2022, the vaccination passport will be requested from anyone 13 years of age and older who wishes to access:
- a retail business of more than 1,500 m2 (16,000 ft2) of area.
- EXCEPTION for businesses “whose main activity is the sale of grocery or pharmacy products”.
- Shopping centres will not be subject to this obligation, but businesses of more than 1,500 m2 within them will be.
- The VaxiCode Verif application (in French) remains the official verification tool.
- More information on the vaccination passport in Quebec is available online.
- The mandatory closure of all retailers on Sundays, as well as the curfew will end on January 17, 2022.
As planned, primary and secondary schools will open on January 17 2022. CEGEP and university students will also be able to return to class in person.