New Quebec COVID-19 restrictions include capacity restrictions in retailDecember 21, 2021
In response to the steep rise in COVID cases, the following measures have been put in place:
- Capacity limits of 50%:
- Retailers: same formula as in Spring of 2021 – 1 person per 20 m2.
- Restaurants: maximum of 10 people per table or occupants from 3 residences.
- Social distancing of 2 metres for employees and customers.
- Mandatory teleworking.
- Bars, cinemas, theatres, gyms, and spas must close.
- Restaurants are limited to operating between 5am and 10pm. Takeout is available after 10pm.
- Mandatory wearing of masks in workplaces.
- Maximum of 10 people at private meetings (hotels, etc.).
- Office parties, karaoke and dance are prohibited.
- All schools are closing December 21, 2021 with the exception of universities for exams that cannot be postponed.
- Return to classes is postponed to January 10, 2022.
- Childcare services will continue to be open until the December 24, 2021.
- Primary schools remain accessible for testing and vaccination.
- CPEs and daycares remain open.
For more information about the updated measures, please visit the Government of Quebec’s website and the press release (in French only).