As The Voice of Retail™, RCC is here to help retailers navigate through this crisis.
- Ontario expands COVID-19 testing to pharmaciesThe Ontario government is providing people with convenient and timely access to free COVID-19 testing at pharmacies in the province. As of Friday, September 25, … Read more
- Border restrictions implemented due to COVID-19 spread in New BrunswickThe New Brunswick government decided to immediately place border restrictions on one of the two Quebec areas that had previously been granted permission for its … Read more
- COVID-19 relaxation for retail sale and service of liquor extended in BCTemporary Extended Service Area (TESA) authorizations, which have allowed food-primary, liquor-primary and manufacturer licensees, such as wineries, breweries and distilleries to set up expanded … Read more
- Ontario expands COVID-19 testing to pharmaciesThe Ontario government is providing people with convenient and timely access … Read more
- Border restrictions implemented due to COVID-19 spread in New BrunswickThe New Brunswick government decided to immediately place border restrictions on … Read more
- COVID-19 relaxation for retail sale and service of liquor extended in BCTemporary Extended Service Area (TESA) authorizations, which have allowed food-primary, … Read more
- RCC Statement on the government’s speech from the throneYesterday, Canada’s Governor General delivered the speech from the throne … Read more
- COVID-19 alert level for Montreal, Capitale-Nationale and Chaudière-Appalaches increases to orange levelLast Sunday, the Quebec government announced changes in the color … Read more
- NEW Government of Canada Report – COVID-19 Situational Awareness DashboardThe Government of Canada has developed an important tool that … Read more
- Global personal luxury good market updateAccording to Bain & Company, faced with a global collapse driven … Read more
- Witches and goblins to visit Atlantic CanadaGiven the fact that there are almost no COVID-19 cases … Read more
- Extension of temporary layoff timeframe in Newfoundland ends on September 18, 2020The government has decided to end the extended period of time … Read more
- 2021 EI premium rate and financing – positive news for retailersAs a result of the economic impact of the COVID-19 … Read more
- Manitoba extends Back to Work Wage Subsidy ProgramThe Manitoba government has expanded its Back to Work in Manitoba … Read more
- Quebec mask requirements: Responsibility is now shared between retailers and citizensWearing a mask or face covering that covers the nose … Read more
- Current food labelling flexibilities extended until December 31, 2020The Government of Canada has agreed to extend current food labelling … Read more
- Ottawa extends Rent Relief for Small Businesses one more monthThe Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance (CECRA) will be extended … Read more
- Infectious Disease Emergency Leave extended until January 2, 2021Originally, the Ontario Government’s Infectious Disease Emergency Leave (IDEL) was … Read more
In these challenging times, RCC welcomes all retailers across Canada to subscribe to our Retail policy news & COVID-19 updates and attend our weekly COVID-19 briefings for retailers. We are your voice during this crisis and beyond.
COVID-19 Recovery Tools
The essential COVID-19 guide for retailers. Updated content available on malls, HQ reopening and holiday planning.
RCC is proud to be a supporter of Canada United, a joint effort across Canada to support local merchants.
Take the POST Promise to help customers feel safe in your store.
Find suppliers of masks, hand sanitizer, signage and more in the new PPE section of the Retail Supplier Directory.
Posters, SOPs and best practices for retailers during COVID-19
View all regulations and safety guidelines retailers must follow to be open by region.
Financial aid, grants and other relief measures specifically applicable to retailers.
Frequently asked questions from our members on working through COVID-19 and its operational challenges.
Videos and Podcasts
COVID-19: Handling, packaging and shipping food
The Voice of Retail Podcast
Each and every week TVOR interviews top retailers and industry thought leaders coving topics including the ongoing response and impact to their business and the retail sector of the COVID-19 crisis.
Financial support and payroll resources
- Federal support:
- RCC’s guide to Federal relief measures (see Federal relief measures section)
- New rules for the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS)
- Government of Canada Work-Share overview
- Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA)
- Loans for small & medium businesses: Business Credit Availability Program (BCAP)
- Canada Small Business Financing Program
- Government’s overview of federal government Services for Small Business
- Provincial support: RCC’s guide to relief measures and updates (see interactive table to view your region)
- Municipal support: RCC’s database of utility payment extensions, municipal relief and more
- Rent support for small businesses: Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance (CECRA) for small
- Payroll: Canadian Payroll Association on ROE coding
- Workers’ compensation: 2020 provincial workers’ compensation updates for retailers
- Stewardship programs: Stewardship Programs Offering COVID-19 Deadline Extensions
Maintaining your business
- HR recovery planning: Managing return to work anxiety
- Impact on consumer behaviour: Tracking the impact of FMCG, retail and media (Neilson)
- Consumers surveys: Tracking surveys (Leger)
- Consumer education: #ShopSmart campaign – Guidelines shoppers should follow during COVID-19 (RCC)
- Statistics: Info on COVID-19 (Statistics Canada)
- Pandemic planning for retailers: COVID-19 planning checklist for retailers (RCC)
- Business continuity: A guide to robust business continuity planning (KPMG)
- Impact on Canadian retailers: COVID-19 Voice of Canadians and impact to retailers (Deloitte)
- Guide for senior executives: The heart of resilient leadership: Responding to COVID-19 (Deloitte)
- Resources for retailers: Retail Industry Leaders Association
- Fraud Prevention: Tips to protect yourself from COVID-19 related payment scams (Interac)
- Cyber Security: Helpful advice for small and medium organizations to protect against COVID-19-related threats
Thank you to the retailers, vendors and suppliers who have extended financial support to Retail Council of Canada to help us continue to advocate for you 24/7 during these difficult times.