As The Voice of Retail™, RCC is here to help retailers navigate through this crisis.
- Health Canada ending interim COVID-19 site licences on alcohol-based hand sanitizersHealth Canada is ending the interim COVID-19 measures that allow retailers to import alcohol-based hand sanitizers using a COVID-19 Site Licences as of September … Continued
- Mask mandate reinstated in P.E.I.Due to an increase in COVID-19 cases throughout the Maritime provinces, the P.E.I. government reinstituted its mask mandate on Friday, September 17, 2021.
- Mask mandate reinstated in Newfoundland and Labrador, vaccine passports coming soonAs announced by the provincial Chief Medical Officer of Health, starting September 18, 2021, mandatory masks have been reintroduced for all indoor public spaces. … Continued
- Health Canada ending interim COVID-19 site licences on alcohol-based hand sanitizersHealth Canada is ending the interim COVID-19 measures that allow … Continued
- Mask mandate reinstated in P.E.I.
- Mask mandate reinstated in Newfoundland and Labrador, vaccine passports coming soonAs announced by the provincial Chief Medical Officer of Health, … Continued
- New Brunswick proof of vaccination requirements come into effect September 22, 2021
- Manitoba extends state of emergency once moreThe Manitoba government will continue the extension of the state … Continued
- Vaccination certification required in Ontario starting September 22, 2021Today, the government’s vaccine certification regulation takes effect. The following are examples of … Continued
- Saskatchewan announces new masking and vaccination requirementsWith COVID cases and hospitalizations at a pandemic high, Saskatchewan … Continued
- Alberta updates retail eligibility for proof of vaccination programThis past Thursday, in response to Alberta’s serious health crisis, … Continued
- Nova Scotia delays move to Phase 5 of reopening
- One in 10 restaurants closed in Quebec City since the beginning of the pandemicOver the last 18 months, 175 restaurants have closed their … Continued
- New Saskatchewan health measures announced, but no mandatory mask mandate
- Nova Scotia confirms Phase 5 reopening dateAs Nova Scotia is poised to achieve its goal of … Continued
- Newfoundland and Labrador to institute vaccine passportsThe government of Newfoundland and Labrador has stated that within … Continued
- Nova Scotia to enter Phase 5 of reopening on September 15, 2021Nova Scotia remains on schedule to reach Phase 5 of … Continued
- Cases continue to rise throughout SaskatchewanWith Saskatchewan now reporting the second highest level of daily … Continued
In these challenging times, RCC welcomes retailers across Canada to subscribe to our Retail policy news & COVID-19 updates and attend our weekly Member Town Hall Briefings. We are your voice during this crisis and beyond.
COVID-19 Recovery Tools
Mission-critical metrics to help the Canadian retail sector navigate COVID-19.
Interactive calculators to determine the store capacity in your region.
Current information available on vaccinations applicable for retail employees.
View all regulations and safety guidelines retailers must follow to be open by region.
Financial aid, grants and other relief measures specifically applicable to retailers.
Frequently asked questions from our members on working through COVID-19 and its operational challenges.
Take the POST Promise to help customers feel safe in your store.
Find suppliers of masks, hand sanitizer, signage and more in the new PPE section of the Retail Supplier Directory.
Posters, SOPs and best practices for retailers during COVID-19
Videos and Podcasts
Joseph Cohen Lyons, Senior Associate with Norton Rose Fulbright Canada answered the most frequently asked questions by our retail members around vaccination policies, vaccination incentivizing and more.
Financial support and payroll resources
- Federal support:
- RCC’s guide to Federal relief measures (see Federal relief measures section)
- New rules for the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS)
- Government of Canada Work-Share overview
- Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA)
- Loans for small & medium businesses: Business Credit Availability Program (BCAP)
- Canada Small Business Financing Program
- Government’s overview of federal government Services for Small Business
- Provincial support: RCC’s guide to relief measures and updates (see interactive table to view your region)
- Municipal support: RCC’s database of utility payment extensions, municipal relief and more
- Rent support for small businesses: Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance (CECRA) for small
- Payroll: Canadian Payroll Association on ROE coding
- Workers’ compensation: 2020 provincial workers’ compensation updates for retailers
- Stewardship programs: Stewardship Programs Offering COVID-19 Deadline Extensions
Maintaining your business
- HR recovery planning: Managing return to work anxiety
- Impact on consumer behaviour: Tracking the impact of FMCG, retail and media (Neilson)
- Consumers surveys: Tracking surveys (Leger)
- Consumer education: #ShopSmart campaign – Guidelines shoppers should follow during COVID-19 (RCC)
- Statistics: Info on COVID-19 (Statistics Canada)
- Pandemic planning for retailers: COVID-19 planning checklist for retailers (RCC)
- Business continuity: A guide to robust business continuity planning (KPMG)
- Impact on Canadian retailers: COVID-19 Voice of Canadians and impact to retailers (Deloitte)
- Guide for senior executives: The heart of resilient leadership: Responding to COVID-19 (Deloitte)
- Resources for retailers: Retail Industry Leaders Association
- Fraud Prevention: Tips to protect yourself from COVID-19 related payment scams (Interac)
- Cyber Security: Helpful advice for small and medium organizations to protect against COVID-19-related threats
- Interactive dashboard: Government of Canada’s COVID-19 Situational Awareness Dashboard
Thank you to the retailers, vendors and suppliers who have extended financial support to Retail Council of Canada to help us continue to advocate for you 24/7 during these difficult times.