As The Voice of Retail™, RCC is here to help retailers navigate through this crisis.
- Tighter vigilance for use of “procedural masks” for workers in QuebecRetailers in Quebec should be aware of even tighter vigilance by inspectors to ensure compliance with Public Health and the CNESST. The types of … Continued
- Cineplex Digital Media bringing retail experiences to lifeData-driven insight and a passion for retail industry success help drive the creation of personalized digital content By Sean Tarry Digitization of the world … Continued
- The government of Quebec tightens restrictions including number of customers allowed in storesIn order to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus, the government of Quebec announced this morning the intensification of its control measures in … Continued
- Tighter vigilance for use of “procedural masks” for workers in QuebecRetailers in Quebec should be aware of even tighter vigilance … Continued
- Cineplex Digital Media bringing retail experiences to lifeData-driven insight and a passion for retail industry success help … Continued
- The government of Quebec tightens restrictions including number of customers allowed in storesIn order to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus, … Continued
- Advisory for RCC members with stores in Quebec on inspections and new details on procedural masks for employeesAlthough the situation in Quebec has been stable for several … Continued
- New figures from StatCan: Urban public transit numbers down 59%Statistics Canada reported this week that urban public transit passenger … Continued
- Manitoba’s Public Insurance to issue second round of rebate chequesFor the second time this year, Manitoba Public Insurance will be issuing … Continued
- Sunday and holiday shopping hours restrictions removed from ManitobaFollowing RCC’s final presentation at the Legislative Committee last week, the … Continued
- Alberta capacity calculator publishedLast Friday, new 25% capacity limits went into effect for … Continued
- CIFA accepts RCC recommendation to hold off on mandatory labelling changesOn Friday, November 27, 2020, following ongoing recommendations by Retail … Continued
- Highlights from the Fall Economic Statement: continued support for retailersThe Honourable Chrystia Freeland, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of … Continued
- RCC BCG interactive dashboard will help retailers plan on where to allocate resources to manage the impact of COVID-19Retail Council of Canada and the Boston Consulting Group have … Continued
- RCC advisory regarding store traffic in QuebecThe Quebec government is worried about the current traffic in … Continued
- All large Saskatchewan retailers to limit capacity, as part of new Public Health MeasuresAll large Saskatchewan retailers to limit capacity, as part of … Continued
- Updated Health Order in Manitoba allows for additional essential itemsMembers with stores operating in Manitoba are well aware of … Continued
- Most Alberta retailers under new 25% capacity restrictions as of Friday, November 27, 2020 in support of emergency measuresUpdate: Alberta capacity calculator published After extensive deliberations, including the … Continued
In these challenging times, RCC welcomes all retailers across Canada to subscribe to our Retail policy news & COVID-19 updates and attend our weekly COVID-19 briefings for retailers. We are your voice during this crisis and beyond.
COVID-19 Recovery Tools
The essential COVID-19 guide for retailers. Updated content available on malls, HQ reopening and holiday planning.
New ideas and resources for retailers rethinking their holiday 2020 planning and marketing approaches.
Take the POST Promise to help customers feel safe in your store.
Find suppliers of masks, hand sanitizer, signage and more in the new PPE section of the Retail Supplier Directory.
Posters, SOPs and best practices for retailers during COVID-19
View all regulations and safety guidelines retailers must follow to be open by region.
Financial aid, grants and other relief measures specifically applicable to retailers.
Frequently asked questions from our members on working through COVID-19 and its operational challenges.
Videos and Podcasts
COVID-19: Handling, packaging and shipping food
The Voice of Retail Podcast
Each and every week TVOR interviews top retailers and industry thought leaders coving topics including the ongoing response and impact to their business and the retail sector of the COVID-19 crisis.
Financial support and payroll resources
- Federal support:
- RCC’s guide to Federal relief measures (see Federal relief measures section)
- New rules for the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS)
- Government of Canada Work-Share overview
- Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA)
- Loans for small & medium businesses: Business Credit Availability Program (BCAP)
- Canada Small Business Financing Program
- Government’s overview of federal government Services for Small Business
- Provincial support: RCC’s guide to relief measures and updates (see interactive table to view your region)
- Municipal support: RCC’s database of utility payment extensions, municipal relief and more
- Rent support for small businesses: Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance (CECRA) for small
- Payroll: Canadian Payroll Association on ROE coding
- Workers’ compensation: 2020 provincial workers’ compensation updates for retailers
- Stewardship programs: Stewardship Programs Offering COVID-19 Deadline Extensions
Maintaining your business
- HR recovery planning: Managing return to work anxiety
- Impact on consumer behaviour: Tracking the impact of FMCG, retail and media (Neilson)
- Consumers surveys: Tracking surveys (Leger)
- Consumer education: #ShopSmart campaign – Guidelines shoppers should follow during COVID-19 (RCC)
- Statistics: Info on COVID-19 (Statistics Canada)
- Pandemic planning for retailers: COVID-19 planning checklist for retailers (RCC)
- Business continuity: A guide to robust business continuity planning (KPMG)
- Impact on Canadian retailers: COVID-19 Voice of Canadians and impact to retailers (Deloitte)
- Guide for senior executives: The heart of resilient leadership: Responding to COVID-19 (Deloitte)
- Resources for retailers: Retail Industry Leaders Association
- Fraud Prevention: Tips to protect yourself from COVID-19 related payment scams (Interac)
- Cyber Security: Helpful advice for small and medium organizations to protect against COVID-19-related threats
- Interactive dashboard: Government of Canada’s COVID-19 Situational Awareness Dashboard
Thank you to the retailers, vendors and suppliers who have extended financial support to Retail Council of Canada to help us continue to advocate for you 24/7 during these difficult times.