As The Voice of Retail™, RCC is here to help retailers navigate through this crisis.
- Changes announced to Atlantic Canada’s COVID-19 restrictions and vaccine priority announcedJump to: Newfoundland & Labrador | Nova Scotia | New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador loosens restrictions for most of province and releases vaccination plan … Continued
- New Brunswick increases COVID-19 testing rules for commercial truck driversMember Update/Impact As of March 1, 2021, New Brunswick resident commercial truck drivers (long haul and day-trip) who drive outside of Atlantic Canada and … Continued
- Vaccination rollout in Ontario announced but information on essential workers is still forthcomingOntario released further information on Tuesday regarding the province’s vaccination rollout beyond the current phase one: Mid-March: people aged 80+ April 15: people 75+ … Continued
- Changes announced to Atlantic Canada’s COVID-19 restrictions and vaccine priority announcedJump to: Newfoundland & Labrador | Nova Scotia | New … Continued
- New Brunswick increases COVID-19 testing rules for commercial truck driversMember Update/Impact As of March 1, 2021, New Brunswick resident … Continued
- Vaccination rollout in Ontario announced but information on essential workers is still forthcomingOntario released further information on Tuesday regarding the province’s vaccination … Continued
- Quebec grocery stores can now make deliveries during curfewFollowing pressure from RCC CCCD, urging the government to find … Continued
- RCC’s retail economic recovery plan 2021A look at RCC’s federal pre-budget submission Retail Council of … Continued
- New Brunswick provides COVID-19 vaccine priority detailsThe government provided additional details regarding the priority groups for … Continued
- New Brunswick back to Orange level in COVID-19 protocolsZone 4 (Edmundston area) joined the rest of New Brunswick … Continued
- RCC and other trade associations lobby to maintain border exemptions for essential workersSince the beginning of the pandemic, Canada’s critical infrastructure sectors … Continued
- COVID-19: A catalyst or a hindrance for retail sustainability initiatives?As consumers express a growing preference for sustainable business practices, the COVID-19 pandemic has severely tested the ability of global retailers to remain sustainable and profitable at the same time. Those who find a way to achieve both aims will gain a sharp edge over their competitors in the post-pandemic landscape.
- Ontario Delays Retail Reopening in Toronto, Peel & North Bay-Parry Sound DistrictThe Ontario government extended the Stay-at-Home order and all existing … Continued
- New COVID-19 support for Alberta small businessThe Alberta government has announced a new financial relief program … Continued
- Public health measures in Saskatchewan extended until March 19, 2021As projected by RCC, the current public health order will … Continued
- Newfoundland and Labrador Expands its COVID-19 Restrictions to Encompass the Entire Province – Moves to Alert Level 5 – Impact for ‘Non-Essential’ Retail and Quick Service RestaurantsMember Update / Impact The restrictions that the government of … Continued
- Ontario regions re-opening under colour code framework on February 16, 2021Ontario announced today that most health units would transition away … Continued
- Updated health order in Manitoba allows more businesses to openThe Manitoba government has announced that as of February 12, … Continued
In these challenging times, RCC welcomes retailers across Canada to subscribe to our Retail policy news & COVID-19 updates and attend our weekly Member Town Hall Briefings. We are your voice during this crisis and beyond.
COVID-19 Recovery Tools
Mission-critical metrics to help the Canadian retail sector navigate COVID-19.
Interactive calculators to determine the store capacity in your region.
Take the POST Promise to help customers feel safe in your store.
View all regulations and safety guidelines retailers must follow to be open by region.
Financial aid, grants and other relief measures specifically applicable to retailers.
Frequently asked questions from our members on working through COVID-19 and its operational challenges.
Find suppliers of masks, hand sanitizer, signage and more in the new PPE section of the Retail Supplier Directory.
Posters, SOPs and best practices for retailers during COVID-19
Videos and Podcasts
Building mental health into operations during COVID-19
This special session presented by Liz Horvath, a leader in workplace mental health, provides practical advice that employers in the retail sector can use to support their own mental health and the mental health of their workers.
The Voice of Retail Podcast
Each and every week TVOR interviews top retailers and industry thought leaders coving topics including the ongoing response and impact to their business and the retail sector of the COVID-19 crisis.
Financial support and payroll resources
- Federal support:
- RCC’s guide to Federal relief measures (see Federal relief measures section)
- New rules for the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS)
- Government of Canada Work-Share overview
- Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA)
- Loans for small & medium businesses: Business Credit Availability Program (BCAP)
- Canada Small Business Financing Program
- Government’s overview of federal government Services for Small Business
- Provincial support: RCC’s guide to relief measures and updates (see interactive table to view your region)
- Municipal support: RCC’s database of utility payment extensions, municipal relief and more
- Rent support for small businesses: Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance (CECRA) for small
- Payroll: Canadian Payroll Association on ROE coding
- Workers’ compensation: 2020 provincial workers’ compensation updates for retailers
- Stewardship programs: Stewardship Programs Offering COVID-19 Deadline Extensions
Maintaining your business
- HR recovery planning: Managing return to work anxiety
- Impact on consumer behaviour: Tracking the impact of FMCG, retail and media (Neilson)
- Consumers surveys: Tracking surveys (Leger)
- Consumer education: #ShopSmart campaign – Guidelines shoppers should follow during COVID-19 (RCC)
- Statistics: Info on COVID-19 (Statistics Canada)
- Pandemic planning for retailers: COVID-19 planning checklist for retailers (RCC)
- Business continuity: A guide to robust business continuity planning (KPMG)
- Impact on Canadian retailers: COVID-19 Voice of Canadians and impact to retailers (Deloitte)
- Guide for senior executives: The heart of resilient leadership: Responding to COVID-19 (Deloitte)
- Resources for retailers: Retail Industry Leaders Association
- Fraud Prevention: Tips to protect yourself from COVID-19 related payment scams (Interac)
- Cyber Security: Helpful advice for small and medium organizations to protect against COVID-19-related threats
- Interactive dashboard: Government of Canada’s COVID-19 Situational Awareness Dashboard
Thank you to the retailers, vendors and suppliers who have extended financial support to Retail Council of Canada to help us continue to advocate for you 24/7 during these difficult times.