As The Voice of Retail™, RCC is here to help retailers navigate through this crisis.
- Newfoundland & Labrador proof of vaccination for front-facing employees endsReminder that Newfoundland and Labrador’s Mandatory Vaccine Regulations will be suspended and thus, “cease to have effect” on June 1, 2022. This rule has … Continued
- Nova Scotia extends paid sick leave programThe province’s COVID-19 Paid Sick Leave Program has been extended until May 7, 2022. The program reimburses eligible employers who provide paid sick leave … Continued
- PEI ends most COVID-19 restrictions, masks to remainThe PEI Government announced the end of most COVID-19 restrictions on April 6, 2022. However, masks will remain mandatory until April 28, 2022. For … Continued
- Newfoundland & Labrador proof of vaccination for front-facing employees endsReminder that Newfoundland and Labrador’s Mandatory Vaccine Regulations will be … Continued
- Nova Scotia extends paid sick leave programThe province’s COVID-19 Paid Sick Leave Program has been extended … Continued
- PEI ends most COVID-19 restrictions, masks to remainThe PEI Government announced the end of most COVID-19 restrictions … Continued
- B.C. legislation to clarify paid sick leave by calendar yearFollowing extensive input from RCC and other business associations, the … Continued
- Nova Scotia removes masking rules for businessesAs of March 21, 2022, all COVID-19 related business restrictions … Continued
- New Brunswick lifts remaining COVID-19 restrictionsAs of Monday, March 14, 2022, all COVID-19 restrictions (including … Continued
- Newfoundland and Labrador ends COVID-19 mandatesProvincial officials lifted all COVID-19 restrictions as of Monday, March … Continued
- Ontario to remove COVID-19 masking on MondayOntario will be removing its mandatory mask and face-covering requirement … Continued
- Manitoba ends COVID-19 restrictionsAs of Monday, March, 14, 2022, the government of Manitoba … Continued
- Alberta legislation to limit municipal health ordersAlberta’s government has introduced legislation to limit the ability of … Continued
- B.C. government drops indoor mask requirementsB.C. will lift the indoor mask requirement for indoor public … Continued
- Ontario to remove masking requirement on March 21, 2022Ontario will be removing its mandatory mask and face covering … Continued
- Manitoba grocers support rapid test distributionThe Government of Manitoba has announced a partnership with Retail … Continued
- Timeline for ending mandatory masking in QuebecThe Government of Quebec has announced the relaxation of certain … Continued
- COVID-19 rules fully removed in SaskatchewanAs of February 28, 2022, Saskatchewan no longer has health … Continued
In these challenging times, RCC welcomes retailers across Canada to subscribe to our Retail policy news & COVID-19 updates and attend our weekly Member Town Hall Briefings. We are your voice during this crisis and beyond
COVID-19 Recovery Tools
Survey of RCC Members on how retailers will manage mask rules as mask mandates are removed.
View all regulations and safety guidelines retailers must follow to be open by region.
Financial aid, grants and other relief measures specifically applicable to retailers.
Frequently asked questions from our members on working through COVID-19 and its operational challenges.
Posters, SOPs and best practices for retailers during COVID-19
Find suppliers of masks, hand sanitizer, signage and more in the new PPE section of the Retail Supplier Directory.
Videos and Podcasts
Joseph Cohen Lyons, Senior Associate with Norton Rose Fulbright Canada answered the most frequently asked questions by our retail members around vaccination policies, vaccination incentivizing and more.
Financial support and payroll resources
- Federal support:
- RCC’s guide to Federal relief measures (see Federal relief measures section)
- Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA)
- Loans for small & medium businesses: Business Credit Availability Program (BCAP)
- Canada Small Business Financing Program
- Government’s overview of federal government Services for Small Business
- Provincial support: RCC’s guide to relief measures and updates (see interactive table to view your region)
- Rent support for small businesses: Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance (CECRA) for small
- Payroll: Canadian Payroll Association on ROE coding
- Workers’ compensation: 2020 provincial workers’ compensation updates for retailers
- Stewardship programs: Stewardship Programs Offering COVID-19 Deadline Extensions
Maintaining your business
- HR recovery planning: Managing return to work anxiety
- Impact on consumer behaviour: Tracking the impact of FMCG, retail and media (Neilson)
- Consumers surveys: Tracking surveys (Leger)
- Consumer education: #ShopSmart campaign – Guidelines shoppers should follow during COVID-19 (RCC)
- Statistics: Info on COVID-19 (Statistics Canada)
- Pandemic planning for retailers: COVID-19 planning checklist for retailers (RCC)
- Business continuity: A guide to robust business continuity planning (KPMG)
- Impact on Canadian retailers: COVID-19 Voice of Canadians and impact to retailers (Deloitte)
- Guide for senior executives: The heart of resilient leadership: Responding to COVID-19 (Deloitte)
- Resources for retailers: Retail Industry Leaders Association
- Fraud Prevention: Tips to protect yourself from COVID-19 related payment scams (Interac)
- Cyber Security: Helpful advice for small and medium organizations to protect against COVID-19-related threats
- Interactive dashboard: Government of Canada’s COVID-19 Situational Awareness Dashboard
Thank you to the retailers, vendors and suppliers who have extended financial support to Retail Council of Canada to help us continue to advocate for you 24/7 during these difficult times.