As The Voice of Retail™, RCC is here to help retailers navigate through this crisis.
- One in five Canadians don’t trust any business when it comes to their health and safetyIpsos have released new research indicating that as Canadians begin to resume more and more of their day-to-day lives and as areas of the … Read more
- RCC encourages retailers to join the Canada United campaign to promote local shoppingRetail Council of Canada is proud to be a sponsor and supporter of Canada United, a joint effort with other organizations across Canada to … Read more
- Back to School – What has been announced to dateProvincial governments continue to announce tentative plans and details of what school will look like for this coming fall. As retailers consider their back-to-school … Read more
- One in five Canadians don’t trust any business when it comes to their health and safetyIpsos have released new research indicating that as Canadians begin … Read more
- RCC encourages retailers to join the Canada United campaign to promote local shoppingRetail Council of Canada is proud to be a sponsor … Read more
- Back to School – What has been announced to dateProvincial governments continue to announce tentative plans and details of … Read more
- StatCan study of Canadians’ willingness to use a tracing appReleased today, Statistics Canada”s study “Willingness of Canadians to use … Read more
- BC Temporary Layoff Provision: Employers wanting extension beyond August 30, 2020 should apply by August 25, 2020BC has a variance process for those wishing to extend … Read more
- CECRA extended an additional month but no other amendments announcedToday the Prime Minister announced his government is extending the … Read more
- COVID-19 exposure notification app launchedThe federal government launched its COVID-19 exposure notification app. The … Read more
- Alberta Updates Workplace RulesProvincial Labour and Employment Standards Rebalanced Bill 32, the Restoring Balance … Read more
- Expanded eligibility for the Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA)The application process for the Canada Emergency Benefit Account (CEBA) … Read more
- CRA extends payment deadline, offers interest relief on tax debtsThe Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) is extending the payment due … Read more
- Reopening Ontario Act – Bill 195 beginsThe Reopening Ontario (A Flexible Response to COVID-19) Act, which … Read more
- Nova Scotia announces mandatory masks in indoor public placesTo help control the spread of COVID-19 as the economy, … Read more
- Government of Canada Program – Essential Services Contingency ReserveThrough the Essential Services Contingency Reserve (ESCR), organizations that provide … Read more
- Quebec clarifications on wearing face coveringsThere have been a few recent incorrect newspaper articles about … Read more
- Nunavut launches online shopping platform highlighting local products and experiencesShopNunavut.ca was developed in partnership with Destination Nunavut, Travel Nunavut … Read more
In these challenging times, RCC welcomes all retailers across Canada to subscribe to our Retail policy news & COVID-19 updates and attend our weekly COVID-19 briefings for retailers. We are your voice during this crisis and beyond.
COVID-19 Recovery Tools
The essential COVID-19 guide for retailers. Updated content available on malls, HQ reopening and holiday planning.
RCC is proud to be a supporter of Canada United, a joint effort across Canada to support local merchants.
Take the POST Promise to help customers feel safe in your store.
Find suppliers of masks, hand sanitizer, signage and more in the new PPE section of the Retail Supplier Directory.
Posters, SOPs and best practices for retailers during COVID-19
View all regulations and safety guidelines retailers must follow to be open by region.
Financial aid, grants and other relief measures specifically applicable to retailers.
Frequently asked questions from our members on working through COVID-19 and its operational challenges.
Videos and Podcasts
COVID-19: Handling, packaging and shipping food
The Voice of Retail Podcast
Matthew Dixon, Chief Product and Research Officer for Tethr talks about the impact the COVID crisis has had on customer service, call centres and ultimately customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Financial support and payroll resources
- Federal support:
- RCC’s guide to Federal relief measures (see Federal relief measures section)
- New rules for the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS)
- Government of Canada Work-Share overview
- Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA)
- Loans for small & medium businesses: Business Credit Availability Program (BCAP)
- Canada Small Business Financing Program
- Government’s overview of federal government Services for Small Business
- Provincial support: RCC’s guide to relief measures and updates (see interactive table to view your region)
- Municipal support: RCC’s database of utility payment extensions, municipal relief and more
- Rent support for small businesses: Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance (CECRA) for small
- Payroll: Canadian Payroll Association on ROE coding
- Workers’ compensation: 2020 provincial workers’ compensation updates for retailers
- Stewardship programs: Stewardship Programs Offering COVID-19 Deadline Extensions
Maintaining your business
- HR recovery planning: Managing return to work anxiety
- Impact on consumer behaviour: Tracking the impact of FMCG, retail and media (Neilson)
- Consumers surveys: Tracking surveys (Leger)
- Consumer education: #ShopSmart campaign – Guidelines shoppers should follow during COVID-19 (RCC)
- Statistics: Info on COVID-19 (Statistics Canada)
- Pandemic planning for retailers: COVID-19 planning checklist for retailers (RCC)
- Business continuity: A guide to robust business continuity planning (KPMG)
- Impact on Canadian retailers: COVID-19 Voice of Canadians and impact to retailers (Deloitte)
- Guide for senior executives: The heart of resilient leadership: Responding to COVID-19 (Deloitte)
- Resources for retailers: Retail Industry Leaders Association
- Fraud Prevention: Tips to protect yourself from COVID-19 related payment scams (Interac)
- Cyber Security: Helpful advice for small and medium organizations to protect against COVID-19-related threats
Thank you to the retailers, vendors and suppliers who have extended financial support to Retail Council of Canada to help us continue to advocate for you 24/7 during these difficult times.