The breadth and scope of issues Retail Council of Canada is addressing with federal, provincial and municipal governments continues to grow. The quarterly flag report provides summaries of these issues and lists them according to their possible impact on your business.
This Fall/Winter Report provides summaries of over 90 issues that RCC is managing with governments across Canada. The report’s Executive Summary highlights key signature files that are the focus of GR work including:
- NAFTA Negotiations
- Canada Revenue Agency’s Interpretation of Employee Discounts
- Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation
- Credit Card Interchange
- International Trade Agreements
- Responsible Sourcing
- Regulatory and Policy Changes Affecting Grocery Retailers
- Ontario Minimum Wage
- Textile End of Life Programs
- Single Use Plastic Bag Bans
- Member Exclusive Guidebooks: - Ordinary Selling Price Representations in Canada - Canada-European Union Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) - Canada’s Anti-Spam Law (Updated December 2017) - Safe Food for Canadians Regulations (SFCR)
Please do not hesitate to reach out to any member of RCC’s government relations team on any of the issues in the Flag Report. Contact information can be found on page 11 of this report. RCC is looking forward to continuing to serve you as a strong and proud Voice of Retail across the country.
Flag Report Archive